What do I need to uncheck so CCleaner will not delete my Google Chrome extension preferences?

jckinnick

I'm running CCleaner and since the most recent Cleaner update it is deleting my Chrome extension preferences. Before I think I unchecked what was called local cache,  but that isn't an option anymore. I have saved form information unchecked, but that's not doing anything. I am running Windows 8.1

• Moderators

In order to provide you aid you'll need to remove the enhancing as it is unsupported (and discourged from mention) on this website

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

See if this helps:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=45274

I had to input an exclude in CCleaner for Local Extension Settings, you can do this in CCleaner at:

Options > Exclude > Add > Drive or folder, then use it to browse to your Chromium/Chrome Local Extension Settings folder to exclude it.

See if this helps:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=45274

I had to input an exclude in CCleaner for Local Extension Settings, you can do this in CCleaner at:

Options > Exclude > Add > Drive or folder, then use it to browse to your Chromium/Chrome Local Extension Settings folder to exclude it.

I couldn't find the path through CCleaner, but I copied and pasted the path and put it in so hopefully that will work. 

• Moderators

I don't use Chrome in particular (SRWare Iron here) to know if that's the correct path, start looking around inside of it to see what you find.

How I found out what needed excluded was to start poking around by opening any found files with these extensions .LDB and .LOG in Notepad, and was able to see those were my adblocking settings that CCleaner kept nuking -- so it was very easy to figure out they weren't junk and needed excluded, so I excluded the whole folder and now my extension settings are left alone.

I don't know what the Chrome paths are, however in the Chromium/Chrome-clone SRWare Iron those files reside in a folder named:

Local Extension Settings

However any folder with Local or Extension in the name "Extension State", "Extensions" "Local Storage", "Managed Extension Settings", etc., would be alright to also exclude since cleaning software really shouldn't be messing with them anyways.

I don't use Chrome in particular (SRWare Iron here) to know if that's the correct path, start looking around inside of it to see what you find.

How I found out what needed excluded was to start poking around by opening any found files with these extensions .LDB and .LOG in Notepad, and was able to see those were my adblocking settings that CCleaner kept nuking -- so it was very easy to figure out they weren't junk and needed excluded, so I excluded the whole folder and now my extension settings are left alone.

I don't know what the Chrome paths are, however in the Chromium/Chrome-clone SRWare Iron those files reside in a folder named:

Local Extension Settings

However any folder with Local or Extension in the name "Extension State", "Extensions" "Local Storage", "Managed Extension Settings", etc., would be alright to also exclude since cleaning software really shouldn't be messing with them anyways.

That Local Extension Settings path in my early post worked for everything, but two extensions. Magic Action for Youtube and Flashcontrol. 

That Local Extension Settings path in my early post worked for everything, but two extensions. Magic Action for Youtube and Flashcontrol. 

installed Magic Action for Youtube by www.chromeactions.com and run ccleaner

setting still preserved even with winapp2.ini

chrome Version 48.0.2564.109 m

windows 8.1

CC 5.14

what your ccleaner version?

if you're still have winapp2.ini inside ccleaner installation folder, you need to remove it first before running ccleaner

go to CCleaner installation folder and delete winapp2.ini file

right click on ccleaner shortcut(desktop) > Open file location

That didn't do the trick either, Im guessing its something on CCleaners end, hopefully they will fix it on the next update.