ccleaner-version as a single-file version without any installer ?

andreasm

Please release a ccleaner-version as a single-file version without any installer!

There are so many small tools on the market, who are made of a single file.

Why not the small ccleaner?

Reasons for that:

- I hate installers, zip files are more functional

- It's much easier to copy a single file to another computer than installing something

- A single-file application is ideally for USB-Sticks!

- fewer registry-keys added by ccleaner (BTW: Is a cleaner who writes a lot of registry entries really a cleaner? ;)

- and so on.

If you like this idea, please agree!

my private homepage www.energie-bewusstsein.de - stop wasting energy!

• Moderators

It's been suggested before, I think perhaps in the suggestions thread but who knows since most people don't put suggestions in there.

I'm all for CCleaner not using the registry to store it's settings, I prefer everything to be done via .ini files.

The problem is that it is written in Visual Basic, so it has file dependencies. MSVBVM60.dll and all of the *.ocx files.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% for your suggestion. The application would have to be re-written in Delphi; but that shouldn't be a problem. Delphi is a much better, faster, stronger programming language than Visual Basic.

MSVBVM60.dll isn't a real problem, because it is on almost every computer...

I don't have experience in visual basis, but isn't it possible to include the *.ocx files into the .exe file?

Ok, Delphi is a possibility, but programs in delphi are always bigger than visual c++ or visual basic programs.

my private homepage www.energie-bewusstsein.de - stop wasting energy!

There are some people who strongly dislike Delphi - I am one of them. The two main problems with Delphi are that I have never been able to successfully link an application under VMware, and Borland support is nearly non-existent. I would never again start any project in Delphi, nor suggest to anyone to convert a successful product such as Ccleaner to bloody Delphi! :angry: