Options to standby/suspend/reboot after defrag

The option to shut down the computer after defragmentation is nice to save energy. Who wants to sit and wait until defragmentation has been completed to shut down the computer afterwards?

Shutting down however closes all other programs currently running. An option to go to standby (RAM) or suspend (disk) after completing defragmentation would however be even more helpful: wake up computer from standby / suspend and resume work just where you left the computer when you started defragmentation.

An option to reboot after defragmentation would especially be handy in combination with the "one-time boot-time defragmentation": defragments all files which can be defragmented while Windows is running normally, then automatically reboot to defragment system files. Come back next day and have a completely defragmented hard drive. Supercool would be to have the option to shut down after boot-time defragmentation, especially in this case (saves energy again).

Apart from that, Defraggler is simply awesome! Thanks a lot!

• 5 weeks later...

Re: "Come back next day and have a completely defragmented hard drive."

I run Windows 7.  I would like to see an auto-shutdown performed only after Defraggler has finished.  As things stand now, my only option for overnight defrag is to set "Put computer to sleep:" to "Never"  to avoid having W7 shutdown Defraggler prematurely.