(Request)Cleaning Hidden Custom Folders

dtoxic

• 11 months later...

Do you mean folders that are hidden on your system? Or do you mean hiding them from the custom inclusions list?

The first one is already possible, since you just need a path to the folder you want to clean. CCleaner doesn't care if the folder or any of its sub folders are hidden on your file system.

Do you mean folders that are hidden on your system? Or do you mean hiding them from the custom inclusions list?

The first one is already possible, since you just need a path to the folder you want to clean. CCleaner doesn't care if the folder or any of its sub folders are hidden on your file system.

i mean to include a ".folder" when trying to select a folder that is defined by a "dot" ccleaner cannot see it and thus cant select it

• Moderators

Winapp has done the same thing I did in another topic and that is to not notice the "CCleaner for Android" in the small print above your post.

At the moment, even if you make hidden files visible CCleaner isn't configured to pick them up. As to whether this ability will be available in a future edition only the devs will know, but rest assured they do read these posts and do give serious consideration to all suggestions.

Anyways, for now, hope that helps.

post-8751-0-42144800-1481318330.gif

Edited by DennisD

Winapp has done the same thing I did in another topic and that is to not notice the "CCleaner for Android" in the small print above your post.

At the moment, even if you make hidden files visible CCleaner isn't configured to pick them up. As to whether this ability will be available in a future edition only the devs will know, but rest assured they do read these posts and do give serious consideration to all suggestions.

Anyways, for now, hope that helps.

attachicon.gifsmile01.gif

ohh ok, well i hope they do add this option, i would be very useful

anyway thx :)

• Moderators

I agree it would be useful simply because of the way Android can be configured slightly differently on different phones.

A good example is the fact that I've seen many examples on line of folk complaining about the sometimes huge space stealing hidden folder called ".thumbnails" (dot_thumbnails) residing in the "DCIM" folder.

Yet on my phone this same folder doesn't reside in that location. It lives directly in the root "Main Storage" folder. And just to make sure that is it's default location, I renamed it, took a photograph, and a new one was immediately created in the same location.

CCleaner couldn't therefore realistically add this type of anomaly to it's built-in cleaning routines. It would have to be a "Manual Cleaning" feature. I do have software on my phone which can see dot prefixed hidden folders, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to add this ability to CCleaner.

Although I think it would have to be accompanied by a "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" type warning pop up.

Of course it's up to the developers in the end.    post-8751-0-17634500-1481412531.gif

Edited by DennisD

I agree it would be useful simply because of the way Android can be configured slightly differently on different phones.

A good example is the fact that I've seen many examples on line of folk complaining about the sometimes huge space stealing hidden folder called ".thumbnails" (dot_thumbnails) residing in the "DCIM" folder.

Yet on my phone this same folder doesn't reside in that location. It lives directly in the root "Main Storage" folder. And just to make sure that is it's default location, I renamed it, took a photograph, and a new one was immediately created in the same location.

CCleaner couldn't therefore realistically add this type of anomaly to it's built-in cleaning routines. It would have to be a "Manual Cleaning" feature. I do have software on my phone which can see dot prefixed hidden folders, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to add this ability to CCleaner.

Although I think it would have to be accompanied by a "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" type warning pop up.

Of course it's up to the developers in the end.    attachicon.gifsmilie008.gif

Agreed! my main problem (annoyance actually) is the viber "thumbnails folder" over  time gets way too much garbage in there so this feature would be useful, but as you said it;s up to the devs. so lets hope thay add this in some of the next versions :)