Uninstall IE 7 - Ran CCleaner Hotfix Uninstallers

VeXocide

That thread warns you, but it is already too late for that here. Maybe someone can rar (or zip) the %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$ directory and upload it (rapidshare or something like it), so I can use that to uninstall. I'm using Windows XP SP2 with the beta 2 preview of internet explorer 7.

Tnx in advance,

VeXocide

Hello VeXcide,

You could:

1. Use a system restore that is dated before the time that you removed the hotfix uninstallers.

2. Repair Installation.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Thank you for the reply, the first wasn't an option (didn't have any of those system restore point any more). Second isn't mucht fun.

But I fixed it using XPlite. Fully threw away the internet explorer stuff, then let XPlite install it again from C:\I386.

Tnanks anyways.

VeXocide

Thank you for the reply, the first wasn't an option (didn't have any of those system restore point any more). Second isn't mucht fun.

But I fixed it using XPlite. Fully threw away the internet explorer stuff, then let XPlite install it again from C:\I386.

Tnanks anyways.

VeXocide

Awesome! So did XPlite uninstall it?

What I mean is...was it an actual uninstall of IE7, or a re-install of IE6?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

If I remember correctly it's been ages since I've used XPlite's predecessor; it allows full removal of IE, or partial removal to still allow some functionality. So in other words XPlite can completely remove IE and doesn't need an uninstaller to do so. The trial version is available here.

• Moderators

It's a good thing you joined the forums, hence nobody had even suggested using XPlite before. You may have very well given people the only option to remove IE7 beta after using CCleaner's broken Hotfix Uninstaller.

• 3 months later...

I was able to install beta 3 by first going to C:\Program Files and renaming the Internet Explorer folder.

I then attempted to reinstall beta 2, but it gave me an error. I cancelled and tried beta 3 after that, and it went right in.

Maybe CCleaner should be modified to not remove "hotfixes" which have the word "beta" somewhere in the description.

--Scott.

• Moderators

Maybe CCleaner should be modified to not remove "hotfixes" which have the word "beta" somewhere in the description.

--Scott.

It's fixed in the next version, which should come out this week.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key