1+ year - and not fix memory leaks / Windows 7: RADAR - Windows Automatic Memory Leak Detection

maki

Error When analyzing multiple partitions at the same time:

Defraggler uses 14 GB of RAM or more (Peak 20 GB)[/size]

Application [/size]crashes,[/size]

[/size]memory leak

Probably [/size]Heap Corruption[/size]

Code: %5BSelect%5D

RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 Defraggler64.exe

Code: %5BSelect%5D

Windows 7: RADAR - Windows Automatic Memory Leak Detection

Can also lose your data (Index $I30) (if immediately force the closure of the application or force shutdown Windows (when app freeze and - the system does not respond, using too much RAM + swap). Memory leaks happen when a program you run fails to release memory it has used, so developer must check code.

DefragglerMe - I do not use "pseudo-tool" to optimize, defragment the RAM and other pseudo-tool, which allocates memory instead of it slowing down. Only a fool would believe in such silly stories about "increasing Performance"

As such pseudo-tool can fix crashes the application? :lol:
If you can think rationally and not swing in the clouds.

- Did you tell Windows to limit the size of the pagefile to a certain amount of MBs ? Changing that to "let Windows manage the size" could eliminate those crashes.

- No, not all "RAM opitmize" programs are "pseudo-tools" or "snake oil". There's an Windows API called "EmptyWorkingSet()" and that makes Windows to release "unused" memory. Programs like PcWinTech's "Cleanmem" use that API to kick the Windows memory management into action (like releasing "unused" memory). "Cleanmem" also can collapse the file cache (can be VERY big (GBs)) and reduce Defraggler's (DF) and overall memory usage.

- I think the solution could be very simple. Defraggler Always analyzes a drive before taking any action. So, Defraggler could reduce its own memory usage (e.g. using that one API) before even analyzing a drive.

- But it seems the developers of Defraggler aren't too interested in issueing an updated & improved version of DF. That's a pity because DF still has a number of other bugs.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

I tested a lot of tools to defragment, and I detected a lot of different bugs and memory leaks.
I have several Debugger-Tools to analyze bugs and memory leaks.

The program(PcWinTech's "Cleanmem | Rizonesoft Memory Booster.does not repair crash application Defraggler. Crash - Always!

Bug - for many, many years ...

They should fix Developers.

Augeaus -

Defraggler64.exe!boost::serialization::singleton<BreakpadWrapper>::get_instance+0x191414
ntdll.dll!Rt|ValidateHeap+0x150

An Error Occured caused by: HeapCorruption

Validates the specified heap. The function scans all the memory blocks in the heap and verifies that the heap control structures maintained by the heap manager are in a consistent state. You can also use the HeapValidate function to validate a single memory block within a specified heap without checking the validity of the entire heap.

Support Team Deveoper -
Optimize all => My suggestion:  Add an option or build into feature: uses 1 thread per disk on scanning! -> Avoiding high consumption/usage of RAM or leaks!!!

GOOD (Example tool with a good optimization: O&O Defrag)

Example:

HDD1 (4 disk) 1 thread per disk on scanning! 

HDD2 (4 disk) 1 thread per disk on scanning! 

HDD3 (8 disk) 1 thread per disk on scanning! 

HDD4 (8 disk) 1 thread per disk on scanning! 

HDD5 (6 disk) 1 thread per disk on scanning! 

Note:

disk = partition

VERY BAD SITUATION (Example Tool Bad Optimization: Defraggler Fre & Pro | RAXCO PerfectDisk )

HDD1 (4 disk) 4 thread per disk on scanning! 

HDD2 (4 disk) 4 thread per disk on scanning! 

HDD3 (8 disk) 8 thread per disk on scanning! 

HDD4 (8 disk) 8 thread per disk on scanning! 

HDD5 (6 disk) 6 thread per disk on scanning! 

- Did you let Windows manage the size of the pagefile(s) ? I know that some programs have an EXTREMELY lousy memory management, use LOTS of memory and need a VERY large pagefile. I have come across ~ 5 of such cases where changing this setting helped to solve the problem.

- Run Piriform's SPECCY. Then make a snapshot of your system( File > Publish Snapshot) and post the weblink that pops up in your next reply. Perhaps there's something special in your system setup that makes Defraggler crash.

- Does Windows produce any logs when your system crashes as a result of this memory problem ? In "Eventviewer" ? Are there any crashdumps ? If so then post them as well.

- Run MINITOOL-Box.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Tick the all boxes that you think are appropriate , hit "GO" and attach the file that's produced by this program to your next reply.

- Run "Defraggler" in debug mode and post the logs/info it generates.

http://www.piriform.com/docs/defraggler/troubleshooting/running-defraggler-in-debug-mode

I am convinced the developers of Defraggler will appreciate all the extra info they can get from you.

- "RADAR - Windows Automatic Memory Leak Detection" is some sort of program that's used by MS to spot memory leaks. Seems MS has an active (& hidden) program running that tries to spot those memory leaks (in real time ???). Can't find too much info on this software on the internet. It remains - more or less - a mystery.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!