CCleaner registry cleaner

Mainman407

Yes, my post is similar to this post but different in various ways.

After installing the latest update of CCleaner, I ran a scan and removed the items or issues listed. Then I attempted to run a Registry scan.. The scan started like it should. But when it reached 17-percent, it just locked up. Before I could run Ccleaner with Administrator privileges, and when I clicked on Registry, the process would run flawlessly. Yet now when I click on Run As then type in my Administrative password and click on Registry, I get an error message box: F:\Program Files\Ccleaner\Ccleaner.exe .... The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Ccleaner is enabled via msconfig .services screen. 

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem. Again, Ccleaner runs fine (except for the Registry application) when I click on Open.

I have had good results with CCleaner, but I let it do what it wanted to clean my registry.  Since then. many things have gone screwy.

Is there a way to reverse the re3gistry cleaning???

Help!!

--Terry

Dr. T. Rowe

~email address removed to avoid user being spammed

POST from Mainman407:

Permit me to clarify once again the issue I am experiencing with CClearner Registry application only.

Up until about two, possibly three weeks ago, when I used CCleaner I would always access the program via my Administrator account. Sometimes I would merely click on the Desktop icon and click on "Open" and the program would open. I have never experienced, since installing CCleaner, issus with Cleaner application. That application works great. Yet, however, when I click on the Registry application and press "Scan for Issues," the process runs until about 17-percent, then freezes. This is why I began running the program as Administrator. Now, however, when I run the program as Administrator, click on "Scan for Issues" in the Registry application it runs as it should until it reaches that 17-percent mark. Then it simply locks down and will not go any further.

I have run several scans: Malwarebytes, Comodo, Fabar, HijackThis, Vipre, Kaspersky 10 ... you name it and nothing has come back with any issues concerning CCleaner.

I don't run CCleaner Registry application often, mostly the Cleaner application, but no matter if I open the software in Administrator or Safe Mode, I get that same darn message.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

As far a making backup, the Registry application ONLY ask you if you want to backup the listed issues when it completes the scan.

The only thing I have not tries is System Restore. But two CCleaner updates have been added since then and if I understand System Restore correctly, the last two updates will be deleted in addition to everything else I have added since then.