HELP - Question

Matt_

Problem is that because of the total idiot that I am, I forgot to write down my product key only to notice moments later that I couldn't find the bloody certificate on my Windows XP jewel case!

I have a DVD image with my Windows XP installation but I don't want format my data. There is IMPORTANT data on my HD that I absolutely need to recover.

I did a repair installation and now I must continue the Windows XP setup but I don't have the product activation key on paper... I tried Safe Mode and Last Known Good Configuration but it doesn't work anymore.

Is there any way I could recover my Windows XP from my image file because I really don't want to format.

Or is there any program that can boot with a floppy or CD and recover my product key or even recover a few files of mine... they are really important.

Problem fixed. ;)

Special thanks to krislr16.

Who? Was that my display name? Because it shouldn't be.

Do I have more grimlins?? MP - get my grimlins! :lol: Maybe your dog can get them. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

...MP - get my grimlins! :lol: Maybe your dog can get them. ;)

LOL, maybe if they're stoned gremlins!

After all, it is a drug-sniffing dog, right? :P

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

LOL, maybe if they're stoned gremlins!

After all, it is a drug-sniffing dog, right? :P

Ooops! I didn't think about that part. :P

Ha, ha couldn't resist.

* 1972 Gremlin

* Gizmo

Gizmo....that little guy used to scare the crap out of me when I was little. But know he looks kinda cute. :D Maybe I'll keep my grimlins after all? NOT -

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

My dad once had a red Gremlin X with the really cool stripe on the side :rolleyes:. I think it was a '74. It had a 304 and a 3 speed auto. After a while he gave it to my older brother. My brother asked me to help him take it to his house. I drove the Gremlin while he followed me in his car. He had told me to floor it when he flashed his lights so he could see if there was any smoke from the tailpipe or anything like that.

We were going about 40mph when he flashed his lights. Obligingly, I floored it. The back tires broke loose, the car fishtailed a little, and took off. I was pushed so far into the seat my arms were stretched full length (I'm 6 foot tall). It seemed like a second before the car was approaching 80mph!

I've owned some really fast cars, but I will never forget the night that little Gremlin surprised (and scared) the you know what out of me :o:D:)!

Gremlin1 Gremlin 2

Lokoike is almost done restoring his Yugo!

Lokoike is almost done restoring his Yugo!

lokoikesYugo.png

Ain't she a beaut?

And Mike, I was gonna let you have a ride, but I'm not so sure after that whole brown seat no pants thing...

ding, ding!

lokoikesYugo.png

Ain't she a beaut?

And Mike, I was gonna let you have a ride, but I'm not so sure after that whole brown seat no pants thing...

Dude, that picture is great! I laughed so hard I coughed up my spleen! At least I hope it was my spleen...

Mike is hoping Toyota develops a car that improves the driver's sense of humor. Mike will then drive thousands of miles in the fervent hope this will improve his sense of humor until he is funnier than lokoike. Otherwise, it will never happen.

• Moderators

I've owned some really fast cars, but I will never forget the night that little Gremlin surprised (and scared) the you know what out of me

Small economy cars light in weight with a powerful engine or engine mods/add-ons that produce plenty of torque have that effect. If that car would've had all-wheel-drive you would've really been surprised with the acceleration - so much so that your smile would've probably had to be surgically removed.

Small economy cars light in weight with a powerful engine or engine mods/add-ons that produce plenty of torque have that effect. If that car would've had all-wheel-drive you would've really been surprised with the acceleration - so much so that your smile would've probably had to be surgically removed.

You're right! I had a '69 Mustang coupe with a 351W 4bbl that was unbelievable. My friend had a '69 Mach I with a 390 4bbl 4-speed that was more unbelievable! I like big cars but you're right about high performance small cars. Plus the sleeper aspect adds to the fun too :D!

I forgot to mention how my brother's Gremlin more than lived up to its name. It caught fire and was destroyed while he was in a convenience store :huh:.

e912small1gf.jpg

Found on eBay

The best performance lokoike has achieved with his Yugo was when it started. Once. When it was new. Brand new.

• Moderators

That pic of that vehicle found on eBay reminds me a another vehicle that costs about 40 grand and uses a motorcycle engine. I want one, but it has to be imported from Europe (Switzerland I think).

The best performance lokoike has achieved with his Yugo was when it started. Once. When it was new. Brand new.

O RLY? Apparently you haven't seen my recent upgrade:

lokoikesYugowithJATORocket.png

That, my friend, is performance. Nothing like a 6,000 HP JATO rocket.

ding, ding!