Active X/macromedia flash player/ windows as a gatekeeper

Adel

Good day everyone,

little problem here I would appreciate the help.

I have deleted macromediaflash player in order to upgrade but now my windows keeps bloking the download on account that the publisher could not be verified.

I did go to tools/internet options/security/custom level & enabled( as per the message from the information bar) to enable file download & active X controls, yet with no result.

This windows message keeps coming back to tell me that again "windows has blocked this file as the publisher could not be verified".

It is frustrating :angry:

So guys any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you :D

Not sure if this will help, but sometimes it does. Run chkdsk and reboot.

The easiest way is to click on run then my compurter, right click on C drive (if that is your main drive) and chose properties, then Tools, and select error checking, then put a check mark in the top box. Sometimes I will check both, but it takes a while to run. Also run SFC /Scannow from the command line.

But before you do that ensure you have completely removed all the files and folders and then check in "Windows Install CleanUp" and delete it IF it is there.

You have searched on Microsoft and Macromedia's Help files for the error message you are getting. "Flash Player Publisher could not be verified"

Oh IF you are using Norton 2006 check to see if it are part of it is being blocked by Nortons Worm Control.

Also had problems from an update a few weeks back that I was given a link to a file "reset.cmd", that I need to occaisionally run to fix strange problems that were not there before the update. There are 2 files in the folder I only run the reset.cmd "not sure what the other does"!

Good Luck

UncleDoug

Good day everyone,

little problem here I would appreciate the help.

I have deleted macromediaflash player in order to upgrade but now my windows keeps bloking the download on account that the publisher could not be verified.

I did go to tools/internet options/security/custom level & enabled( as per the message from the information bar) to enable file download & active X controls, yet with no result.

This windows message keeps coming back to tell me that again "windows has blocked this file as the publisher could not be verified".

It is frustrating :angry:

So guys any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you :D

You'll also notice that when you click the Security Tab > Custom Level the first section is labeled ".NET Framework-reliant components". Is your .NET updated (long shot probably)?

I am quite sure that your problem is due to a security setting. Although I'm not sure exactly which one. Try this: Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Security > check the circle that says "Allow software to run/install even if the signature is invalid". Also under the Security uncheck "check for signatures".

Under your Security TAB make sure that your Custom Level is Medium. Also make sure that cookies are allowed.

It also very well could be your antivirus, or Window Defender.

Good Luck! ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

You'll also notice that when you click the Security Tab > Custom Level the first section is labeled ".NET Framework-reliant components". Is your .NET updated (long shot probably)?

I am quite sure that your problem is due to a security setting. Although I'm not sure exactly which one. Try this: Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Security > check the circle that says "Allow software to run/install even if the signature is invalid". Also under the Security uncheck "check for signatures".

Under your Security TAB make sure that your Custom Level is Medium. Also make sure that cookies are allowed.

It also very well could be your antivirus, or Window Defender.

Good Luck! ;)

Thx for replying,

I've tried what you said but w/ the same result. Unchecked the "check for sigs". My custom level is medium which is the default.

As for the possibility of this problem being related to my AV I don't know. I also do not use WD.

This is mind boggling.

For sure it has to do w/ the security /active X control as this is the message I keep getting.

Hopefully & eventually someone will help its figuring it out.

Thx to both of you guys.

I'm still going to keep trying though.

Thx for replying,

I've tried what you said but w/ the same result. Unchecked the "check for sigs". My custom level is medium which is the default.

As for the possibility of this problem being related to my AV I don't know. I also do not use WD.

This is mind boggling.

For sure it has to do w/ the security /active X control as this is the message I keep getting.

Hopefully & eventually someone will help its figuring it out.

Thx to both of you guys.

I'm still going to keep trying though.

Look in your control panel for .NET Framework. Is it there? If so, which version?

What antivirus are you using?

What internet browser are you using?

Remember that the more information that you give, the easier it is to nail the problem. ;) Don't worry about giving too much information, only worry about not giving enough information. K? :D

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Macromedia Flash for Internet Explorer: Downloadable setup file

Macromedia Flash for Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, CompuServe: Downloadable setup file

Andavari,

You're a life-saver.

Thank you so much.

As Iam writing this message, I already installed the file with ease & success from the link you provided.

I am very thankful again as you've spared me a whole lot of frustration & the risk of screwing up big time :D

Look in your control panel for .NET Framework. Is it there? If so, which version?

What antivirus are you using?

What internet browser are you using?

Remember that the more information that you give, the easier it is to nail the problem. ;) Don't worry about giving too much information, only worry about not giving enough information. K? :D

Thx my friend,

perhaps as you could see from my last reply to Andavari, the probles was solved.

May be i should have provided more info about my system so i could get specific help. trust me info like tis is the least of my worries when it comes to sparing me headaches.

Thx again for your initiative to help :)

Andavari,

You're a life-saver.

Thank you so much.

As Iam writing this message, I already installed the file with ease & success from the link you provided.

I am very thankful again as you've spared me a whole lot of frustration & the risk of screwing up big time :D

trust me info like tis is the least of my worries when it comes to sparing me headaches.

Thx again for your initiative to help :)

:lol: Don't I know it! When my computer freaks out, I automatically freak out too! :D

Glad you got it fixed!

• Moderators

Yeah, when you stated you removed the previous version I guessed you may have been talking about the Internet Explorer version which has caused me troubles in the past, as in it wouldn't install using the ActiveX installer from the Macromedia website.