[HELP] Ran Disc Cleaner and now lost all files.

venturaj

Hello all, i want some help. I have ran the CCleaner Disk Cleaner option to my external HDD  and now all i have is corrupted files and no of my data is accessible.

I can't remember if i've stopped the proccess without finishing or having done something else but i will upload some pictures to see my problem. Can you please tell me what can i do to recover my lost files? Its important for me!

ppnxVmP.jpg

yI55uNo.jpg

VKn1rqM.jpg

OZuKl8e.jpg

Last picture is when i try to open a ZZZ file it says it is corrupted!

Thank you very much!

• Moderators

If you're seeing files with ZZZ in the name you must have ran Drive Wiper/Wipe Free Space on that external drive, and if those files are still present it means that the wipe process was interrupted or cancelled. Unfortunately files with ZZZ in the name created by CCleaner were securely overwritten by CCleaner meaning you won't be able to recover those files unless you have another backup copy of them on some other backup medium such as DVDs, USB Thumb Drive, etc.

Edited by Andavari

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/using-ccleaner/wiping-free-disk-space

especially look at "Method 2"

--> 2.Choose the type of wipe you require:

--> 2. Entire Drive will erase all of the files on the drive.  WARNING, this means the whole of the partition will be erased.  The drive will still be formatted, but all data will be erased.  For safety reasons, this feature is disabled for the boot drive.

what have you chosen?

1.) free space only

or

2.) entire drive

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

entire drive --> all data are going to nirvana as andavari says (free space and used space)