Free CCleaner is great

britter

Hi, I was looking for a feedback sub-topic under CCleaner discussion but it looks more related to bugs/issues. I probably didn't search enough, but I decided to leave this in Lounge instead.

Anyway, I just wanted to leave some praise for the program and the fact that it's basic cleaning and registry fix features are free. I was having problems with File Explorerer crashing every time I tried to open it and was unable to access my files without jumping through hoops. A blog post recommended CCleaner to fix file extension and shell issues and it worked.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate that this program scanned for issues AND fixed the issues. I have downloaded a lot of freeware that will inflate how many problems my computer has and then tell me they can only be fixed by paying X dollars. If I have some disposable income in the future I will look at the professional version of this software.

That's all I wanted to write. Maybe this will get deleted, but I felt like I needed to express some thanks. So thanks! :)

• Moderators

Yes, there is true freeware and 'not so freeware'.

Piriform are among the Good Guys, giving you the choice of either Free or Paid For with extra features.

(And no I don't work for them).

If you have only just found this then you may want to take a look at some others that work in the same way:

'Superantispyware' and 'Malwarebytes' are both highly recommended (some would say essential) and work on the same principles, with a truly free version and paid for versions..

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 1 year later...