clean Microsoft Click To Run folders?

richardb20

hello richardb20 :)

do you mean microsofts free office?

ps: the only what i know is "office 2010 starter"

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

I have Office 2013 Pro and my ClickToRun folder has 25 files taking up just shy of 3MiB.

Office Updates are on and was installed around the start of the year.

Maybe the 365 version does things differently (if that's the version you have) as it streams a lot of stuff.

All my C2R files are XML's, so you wouldn't want them included in CC.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 4 weeks later...

After Upgrade subscription to Office 365 or other versions of the Installer-based Click to Run retail versions are backed up in the folder c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun which take every month after the release of updates for 1.5-2 gigabytes. If they remove it does not affect the possibility of further updates.

As for the fact that higher retail versions, and following information relating to the 2007-2016 versions of microsoft office based on the classic windows installer

It's no secret that every second Tuesday of the month, and that an update during the installation through the update service copies are installed in c:\Windows\Installer
a month can go update for Office components that have already been updated in the last month, and the old updates when new systems are not removed from the, sometimes taking in this catalog gigabytes of unnecessary waste.
based on a sample of windows registry script as an attachment to a post, you can automate the search and removal is no longer used by the system updates, freeing up a lot of space on the disk.

I will be very grateful if the developers implement such a system clean of obsolete office updates

clean_old_updates.zip