MS Edge problem really getting old

MrKite

I'm sure this has been documented to death, but I am growing weary of waiting on ccleaner to SKIP MS Edge while I impatiently tap my fingers.  I have disabled Edge, and this still goes on.

Come on, Piriform, Win10 has been out for two months.  Let's fix this.

• Moderators

The reason and response to this are also well documented.

I for one have found 5.10 much better at closing and cleaning edge (though it takes 10s of seconds longer to clean than other browser sections) and am very glad that cookies from edge are now listed and handled.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

in Piriform's defence, it mustn't be as easy, one would hope, to deal with Edge - otherwise they would do it.

let's face it, they aren't leaving that undesirable feature in CC just to tick off Edge users.

and they very likely have no insider track to MS on the inner workings of Edge so are fixing things as they appear so to speak.

as you say, it has only been 2 months, or in other words, 2 versions of CC, let's cut them some slack and see what they do in the next version.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

And don't forget that EDGE itself is a work in progress and is constantly developing, even if you don't notice it much from the front end.

Thats why MS still included Internet Explorer with Win10 as well.

(MS had to release an unfinished Edge with Win10 because other Win10 features rely on its datebases and routines).

Must be annoying for the Piriform guys when they fix one problem with Edge only to have Edge change and the problem, or a new one, pop up again.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043