DELETING FILES 1-AT-A-TIME

remoat

>> when analysing at first, many files are listed, and they are removed, then 1 file is displayed and i delete it and other files one after the other.. why? why arent all files shown as in the initial display when dozens are shown?

>> ccleaner sometimes issues new versions 2-3 times in a month.. why? is it so important to issue a new version, that a routine cant be set-up for issuing a new version every 30 days?

• Moderators

Ccleaner's update cycle is/has been for a years, once a month. As far as your other question, I don't understand what you mean, maybe post some screenshots or better describe the issue (include your windows version and the version number of ccleaner you currently use)

I think, maybe, you don't mean files but are referring to the registry section. Can you confirm/refute that?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 7 months later...

uhhh, maybe i'm losing my connection.. i have used ccleaner for many years.. i can tell time using a calendar.. ccleaner sometimes informs me of available new versions more than once-a-month.. i always install the new version.. i also know the difference between the file scan and registry option.. ccleaner often reveals new files after I have scanned and deleted previous entries.. the new entries appear a fraction of a second after previous files are deleted.. i delete those new entries, and a fraction of a second later, new entries appear..  what would pics (screenshots?) show anyway? only what i want you to see; screenshots don't prove anything.. i end up scanning 6-8 times, until the search shows no more entries to be found.. overall, ccleaner is a good product; i'm glad I have it.. its a good product, even the free version.. I'm just confused about some traits i have seen during my use of the software, which I use once-a-week..

• Moderators

ccleaner often reveals new files after I have scanned and deleted previous entries.. the new entries appear a fraction of a second after previous files are deleted.. i delete those new entries, and a fraction of a second later, new entries appear..

These will probably be the temporary files that windows creates all the time it is running.

So if you clean them then windows will just recreate them as needed, often within a fraction of a second.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

i can tell time using a calendar.. ccleaner sometimes informs me of available new versions more than once-a-month.. i always install the new version.

This was a reported issue by many users, where it was mistakenly or in error informing people there was a new version when there wasn't actually a new version available.