Mp4 recovered in excellent state not working

Stru

Hi

I have recovered a deleted mp4 video from my Samsung Galaxy S2 - see attached screendumps where the file is highlighted.I recovered the file shortly after it was deleted and no files were added or deleted in the period between the recovery and the deletion.

The file doesn't work at all when I try to play the video. I have tried both a deep and a normal scan, which doesn't seem to make a difference. The file is found in either case, but it does not work

I have had an expert look at the fle to see it could be repaired and he tells me the file contains no data and describes as a book with no words in it.

I hope you can help me recover it correctly as the video is very precious to me

post-73764-0-86817000-1439891548_thumb.jpg

post-73764-0-95489600-1439891558_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Your expert is right, there is no data in the first cluster at least, so this file is not valid in the way you are recovering it. Either the file has been overwritten or the first cluster address for the file has been corrupted. If the former then the file is not recoverable. If the latter then:

I would suggest running a deep scan. Ignore the entry as shown on your screendumps (Recuva does a normal scan before the deep scan, so you are just seeing the same file). Look for a file with a filename of a number in brackets followed by .mp4, such as [000123.mp4], with a file size of 231.200 k. Why this size? Because the file has a stated size of 7225 clusters and your cluster size is 32768 and I think that a deep scan will give a size of full clusters. If you are very lucky you might find your file. If the file size or other variables are corrupt, or the file is fragmented, you will probably be unlucky.

If you have a manageable number of files with the name formed as above found with a deep scan, recover them all then look at what you have. It's worth a try.

hi every body

i wish if there any one can help me , i have recovered some of my deleted videos but these videos are corrupted cant work well , and gom player asks keyframe but i guess it became missing , i tired other media players but useless

is there any tool can fix this problem or not.

thanks,,,