Cleaner - strange bug (?)

Vartkes

I'm running the latest version of CCleaner on Windows XP SP2.

When I press 'Analyze' the program comes back with some large amount of tmp files to be deleted (this morning it was 86MB)

However, when I follow this up immediately with 'Run Cleaner' the amount deleted is much smaller (this morning 12.1 MB).

Strangely, when I follow this up with another 'Analyze' - this time CCLeaner comes back with '0.0 MB' ie it no longer finds the original debris.

What is going on - anyone any ideas?

--

Kes

• 2 weeks later...

If you've a lot of programs running, temp files get removed (and created) all the time. It could be possible that in the short space between 'analyzing' and 'cleaning' that these files may have been cleared.

Wait until your harddrive has stopped chugging before running CC and see if that makes a difference.

I know thats not the answer you want, but it's the only one I can think of at the moment.

B.

If you've a lot of programs running, temp files get removed (and created) all the time. It could be possible that in the short space between 'analyzing' and 'cleaning' that these files may have been cleared.

Wait until your harddrive has stopped chugging before running CC and see if that makes a difference.

I know thats not the answer you want, but it's the only one I can think of at the moment.

B.

Hi burtman

Thanks for that observation. I'll keep an eye out to see if it happens at certain times of the day and not others e.g. when the system is flushing itself of old files in the cache anyway.

--

Kes