"The operation has been completed. Some of the selected files were not deleted."

fryerlawrence

Got this message when trying to delete some duplicate files using the Duplicate Finder feature.  (I did "tick" the duplicate files I wanted to delete, as it would not allow me to check all of them)

"The operation has been completed. Some of the selected files were not deleted."

As you can guess not all the files were deleted.

Here is the .txt file that I saved that gives a snapshot of the Duplicate Finder Log (if you want to call it that persay...lol)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
appvisvsubsystems32.dll C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\client 1.02 MB 11/22/2014 6:24:11 AM
appvisvsubsystems32.dll C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15 1.02 MB 11/22/2014 6:24:11 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
44.0.2403.155_44.0.2403.130_chrome_updater.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\Download\{4DC8B4CA-1BDA-483E-B5FA-D3C12E15B62D}\44.0.2403.155 2.69 MB 8/12/2015 8:40:38 PM
44.0.2403.155_44.0.2403.130_chrome_updater.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\Install\{1582E80A-1C23-419A-A10A-9FAD5E218C2C} 2.69 MB 8/12/2015 8:40:38 PM
20140117_150838_LLS.jpg C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Cell Phone\samsung\Backup\Card Backup for Samsung\My Pictures\Save Files 2.35 MB 1/17/2014 10:08:38 PM
20140117_150838_LLS.jpg C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Cell Phone\samsung\Backup\Card Backup for Samsung\Save Files 2.35 MB 1/17/2014 10:08:38 PM

The rest of the files contain family names because they are .jpg's saved and I am not going to post that.  However, these files are coming from the Seagate Dashboard on the external hard drive that I am using from them for my computer backup.

What gives?  Did I do something wrong?

-fryer

• 7 months later...

I am sorry nobody replied. I am having the same problem. And it is not like I don't have permission to delete these files nor are they system files. These are all just .mid files on an external hard drive downloaded and extracted from a 50,000 midi file zip folder. No matter how many times I try to rescan or tell it to delete the files again. It does not. five versions of ccleaner (up to latest) could not remove these files. Same files every time.

• Moderators

sounds like the login account you are logged in as on your PC is not the same account that created those .MID files, so perhaps the reason they can't be deleted is you do not have the correct permissions.

if you simply want them gone, use Unlocker

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 1 month later...

I use Unlocker (version 1.9.2) and it works pretty well but you have to be very careful.  It is often recognized as malware by many antivirus programs and it can & will install unwanted crapware during its installation process if you're not extremely careful to uncheck (the Brits call it "untick") the appropriate boxes for said crapware during the install procedure.