Maybe already answered but...

Chem

Recently my computer has been acting sorta...Stupid.So i got ad aware and it removed alot of things, My freind told me i should get CCleaner to clear up alot more n crap, So i was like okay....But after i installed it, it comes up with this error when trying to run it."CCleaner has encountered a problem and needs to close.Were are sorry for the inconvenience". He said its weird also, Is it just me or will i ever get my computer cleaned -.-..Id appreciate it if someone could help or W/E. If i dont check this post in the next few days, Please Email me.

Hi Chem, and Welcome. :)

Can you provide some more information please?

What OS are you running?

Is your user account the administrator of the computer?

What version of CCleaner are you using?

What build of CCleaner are you using?

What site did you download CCleaner from?

Have you tried running CCleaner in Safe Mode?

Note: Please DO NOT use the "hotfix uninstallers" option in CCleaner. There is a bug in it.

Thanks,

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Okay the OS System is Windows XP Home Additon 02

Yes my user is the admin of the comp

Im using...CCleaner V.1.27

Downloaded it from...http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

No i haven't tried running it in safe mode, Because i do not know how >_>..

Excuse me, But im still young lol >_>

Okay the OS System is Windows XP Home Additon 02

Yes my user is the admin of the comp

Im using...CCleaner V.1.27

Downloaded it from...http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

No i haven't tried running it in safe mode, Because i do not know how >_>..

Excuse me, But im still young lol >_>

:lol: Okay, this is what I want you to do.

1. Uninstall CCleaner.

2. Reboot your computer.

3. Download CCleaner here, and choose the "slim build". (If you need multiple languages...choose the basic build).

4. Install CCleaner.

5. (Now reboot in Safe Mode) Reboot, and when your computer starts rebooting begin tapping the F8 key over-and-over until you get a boot options list. Use your arrow keys to choose safe mode and hit enter.

6. Run CCleaner. Please remember: DO NOT check the "hotfix uninstallers" option.

Let us know if this worked. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Doesnt load at all, It doesnt even get to the box were i check anything.I just install it, Click it and boom, Microsoft Error.=/

Try installing the Visual Basic 6 runtimes. There is a good chance that they are corrupted, as your computer is currently goofy.

Also, do any other programs crash the way that CCleaner does? Or is CCleaner the only one that does this?

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Try installing the Visual Basic 6 runtimes.

i wonder would it be an idea to get this link pinned, as there seems to be a few posts with this problem.

Afterall, most people don't realise this program needs VB runtimes (which usually come with MS but can get corrupted/removed)

[it could be added to the download, but it would bloat it, so I'm not going there .... :P ]

i wonder would it be an idea to get this link pinned, as there seems to be a few posts with this problem.

Afterall, most people don't realise this program needs VB runtimes (which usually come with MS but can get corrupted/removed)

[it could be added to the download, but it would bloat it, so I'm not going there .... :P ]

It is pinned already. For some reason no one ever sees it.

It's pinned here.

And hey! The download idea probably wouldn't go over well, but what about a VB update button? (haha...just thought that I would stick with the running theme) :) Or add it to the Beginner's Guide or something. The title of the topic doesn't make it clear what it is.

Are u nuts :D ?

VB questions on the beginners guide ... :)

just a joke ... B)

B.

Haha. Maybe even the link, and a reason why. I'm putting it in my sig right now. ;)