Wrong browser in error message

mt999

I have windows 10 and my browser is IE11. I have IE11 open at a web page then run crap cleaner (latest free version). I get a message saying CC needs to close EDGE ie not IE11 - when I say OK it proceeds to close IE11 and then continue with cleaning.

If I have 2 tabs open in IE11 CC still tries to close 'EDGE' but after a while says that it is taking a long time do I want to force close it. If I cancel out I can see the reason why IE11 didn't close there is a message from IE11 (hidden by the CC window) asking if I want to close all tabs or just the current tab.

• Moderators

Edge runs in the background and must be closed before cleaning can occur (check task manager for any edge occurrences)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Yes that may be true but CC tries to close my IE11, not EDGE. If I untick all the EDGE cleaning boxes in CC, it doesn't try to close IE11. If I tick al the EDGE cleaning boxes in CC then I get a message EDGE needs to be closed, and then it closes IE11. It thinks IE11 is EDGE.

• Moderators

Actually, I think, the ie11 in windows 10 may use the same databases for cookie/history/cache that edge does...though I may be wrong I'm less than 12 hours into my learning Win10

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Actually, I think, the ie11 in windows 10 may use the same databases for cookie/history/cache that edge does...though I may be wrong I'm less than 12 hours into my learning Win10

Nergal is correct here, IE11 and Edge are using the same databases for storage of data. In this scenario CCleaner is currently unable to determine which process is locking the database. The team are working to find a solution to this issue. :)