Recycle bin

JBel

Hello,
In recent versions already, I found that the icon of the Recycle Bin remains full after cleanings performed by CCleaner.
None of the solutions found on the net and one answer given here didn't bring solution.
I recently tested a competitor (Privacy Eraser of Cybertron) that tries to look like CCleaner, but with whom I do not have that problem.
FYI, this happens with  win 8.1 64 bit and not under win 7 64 bit!
Thanks.

P.S. : I forget to say that one must then do a click on the Recycle Bin Icon, which opens the directory and empty the icon of the trash.

• Moderators

Is the option (in ccleaner) set to only delete recycle bin older than 24 hours?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Meanwhile, i discover something else : if I interrupt a cleaning (small cross to close the program), then repeat the operation to the end... the icon is empty! ???

I'll desinstall using Revo and reinstall. I'll give feedback !

Hi,

The problem seems to be solved by the reinstallation.
It may have occurred by an incompatibility at some point, but I don't believe that.
Personally, I rather think that successive installations of new versions over the program is the cause.

Thanks anyway for your help.

• 3 months later...

FYI, I discovered today that changing the icons of the trash (right click on desktop - customize - change the desktop icons) causes the phenomenon ... it disappears when doing a click on the "Default Settings" button at the same place (Win 8.1).

• Moderators

Usually when my Recycle Bin is stuck with the full icon, I'll make an empty new text document, delete it, and then use the Recycle Bin to clear itself which will usually cause it to display the correct empty icon.

If the above isn't the issue have you tried a program that can flush the icon cache on Windows, and cause it to rebuild itself? Note that the same can be done by changing the Graphics Display (at least in XP it works) to a low Color Quality "Medium (16 bit)", and then immediately switch it back to the preferred "Highest (32 bit)".