CCleaner & Windows 10 Apps

Hi, Ran Ccleaner 5.07 on my Windows 10 (x64) installation and ticked the option to remove 'windows.old' contents. Since them I've been unable to load several apps such as Mail & Calendar. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

I had the same problem.  The only fix I found is to remove the broken apps and re-install from the Store.  The thing of it is, most of the affected Apps can't be Uninstalled via the Start Menu or Settings so you have to user PowerShell to "Remove" the Apps.  See http://www.thewindowsclub.com/uninstall-universal-apps-user-account-windows-10 for details. Follow the instructions and the removals are pain free.

After Removing the Apps it is usually necessary to reboot before the Store allows you to install again.  You may need to search for particular App if it doesn't already appear in your Library.  Search on "Microsoft" and most Apps will be found, sometimes you must search on "Windows" and occasionally you may need the specific name that shows on the Start Menu.  The installs are straight forward and fast.

Edit: Oh and once the Apps have been re-installed you can apparently run CCleaner without problems.

Can anyone confirm if this is a CCleaner problem or a Windows 10 issue.  It does seem to be caused by deleteing windows.old and there are other reports of this problem on Insiders Feedback (all associated with CCleaner.)  From other's I have heard there is no problem if you use the built in "Disc Clean" to delete windows.old or if you wait 30 days and let Windows automatically remove the folder? Personally, I don't have that much patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the same thing, ccleaner totally destroyed my machine.  Right after running it, no apps would run.  Then I restarted and found a machine that wouldn't boot.  Had to use a partition magic boot disk I keep to format my SSD and harddrive to reinstall.  I tried to restart the windows installation and regardless of what options I pick, restart would fail.  Repair also failed.  Not too happy with Windows 10 either.