Suggestions App white/blacklist for Processes - Screen off for processes

Nergal

• Moderators

Hurrah! I have finally dumped an unnamed "top app" competitor for it's every expanding bloated additional "features".

So far I like ccleaner's unobtrusive existence.

Though there are a few things I would love to be added.

First: in processes there are a few apps I'd like not killed by the quick clean; conversely there are very many apps (mostly "system apps") I'd like killed by quick clean. I would like to see a blacklist for the former and/or a whitelist for the latter. This would make it so apps that broke from cleaning no longer did and those that broke without cleaning (better said: badly made apps that often fail to start/work without a process clean) were able to be user controlled

Second: I realize most apps restart soon after being task killed but many don't. While using the unnamed software I had it set to clean processes when the screen went off.

I know it is arguable as to whether process cleaning does any good in modern android (as has, during the beta I believe) but my S4 runs into ram overusage too often, crashing apps at inopportune times. For the fact this phone comes with 2GB ram it uses about 50-75% of that just in homescreen. the baseline cleaned phone (whilst using the competition) dropped, on average from 1.5 GB to half-a-gig (rising to settle at roughly 900MB ). When I clean using ccleaner, it does a (pretty good) job removing apps that didn't exit when I wanted but I don't see that RAM headroom I got as "system apps" don't seem to get cleaned (only dropping from 1.57 to 1.2 rising to 1.25).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...

I too find the lack of whitelist and/or (preferably and) blacklist capabilities quite limiting, and (in my opinion) a bit unworthy of the reputation the PC version(s) of CCleaner have earned. Hopefully this shortcoming will soon be rectified.