Windows 10 Preview

rridgely

• Moderators

Anyone else try Windows 10 yet? I just tried it for the first time today.

My immediate reaction is definitely a bit of a disappointment. I do not like the interface at all compared to windows 7/8. It will take a while to get used to this new look.

More importantly I do not like the new start menu either. I've been using something called start 8 on windows 8 to get a classic start menu and I don't see that changing. The new start menu is too busy/bloated. I get that they are not giving up on modern apps but this is such a crap way to do it. I do like that they open in windows rather than full screen now though.

The new web browser looks like chrome but I doubt I'll use it.

What do you guys think of windows 10?

So far it is very stable (10130).  I do agree that the Start Menu should have the Windows 7 look as a choice.  All of the programs that I use load and run so far.  We do not use IE11 so cannot comment on Spartan/Edge.

As a member of Insider Preview group I do clean installs and will continue that method on a second drive on my Windows 7 Pro test machine.  Will I convert the other machines to Windows 10 - I doubt it at this point as the differences are not significant enough for this user at this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to read all this, Windows 10 is not yet released here yet! And if I read all your posts I am not so sure if I will download it either. My Windows7 is running perfectly at the moment and I am afraid Windows 10 is gonna give me troubles I can't solve!

i am not that good!