DFoptmize.binfiles..?

jimextra

My SSD (128 GB ) is filled up with 45 DFoptimize.bin files, with all the same filesize (1,048 GB ).

Has this anything to do with Defraggler? Shoul I delete this files without any risk?

Tried to find an answer but till now.. nothing yet.

Speed of the SSD is going down, and there is a lack of space. Who helps?

post-73156-0-74969200-1434100750_thumb.jpg

hello jimextra :)

the answer can I leave only professionals,

--> but another point:  please dont defrag your ssd... that is unnecessary, given the speed and access times.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=40605&hl=ssd*&do=findComment&comment=246865

for not unintentionally SSD to defragment, disable the option to show your SSD in Defraggler ...

7b1117-1434135577.jpg

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Not only unnecessary, but could shorten the drive's life drastically.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...

hello jimextra :)

the answer can I leave only professionals,

--> but another point:  please dont defrag your ssd... that is unnecessary, given the speed and access times.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=40605&hl=ssd*&do=findComment&comment=246865

for not unintentionally SSD to defragment, disable the option to show your SSD in Defraggler ...

7b1117-1434135577.jpg

I got the same problem too and may I ask can I delete DFoptimize.bin files? I got only 4mb space left because of those files :(

- When did you use Defraggler for the last time ? Compare that with the dates & times when these files were created.

- Run Defraggler another time. Does it create more of those files (look at time & date created &  modified).

- Run Piriform's CCleaner to delete a bunch of files.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

I got the same problem too and may I ask can I delete DFoptimize.bin files? I got only 4mb space left because of those files :(

i wonder why no one was able to make a statement. i personally had no such case when using Defraggler but i dont use defrag free space and I seem to remember having read something already in our forum related with "defrag freespace" and this *.bin -files created from defraggler... but I dont remember the forum title ...

have you used "defrag freespace"?

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Does it create more of those files (look at time & date created &  modified)

it will probably be no new files, his disk is full...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I know it's an old post but I figure I will chime in as I just had similar problem and found a solution. 

I ran Defraggler on my SSD which had around 150 GBS free space. I set it to 'Optimize' and progress reached 74% and computer froze but on the screen I noticed that I had 19GB free space - which I understood it was going to happen during this process. After hard reboot I still had only 19 GBs of free space and over 100 of DFOptimize_xx.bin files on the root of my C drive. I tried different things I found online including this thread but free space didn't increase. So I started deleting them few at the time after I backed them up to another drive. After delete I rebooted and emptied trash. Repeated process few more times and all seemed to be working fine. So I just deleted all those files, emptied trash and reboot. All is still fine. So in a nutshell I could just delete all those files manually without a problem. When you delete it prompts saying that you need administrative permission to delete. so you confirm and done. 

I hope this was helpful.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was defragging my HD and the computer simply froze. After a couple of hard boots I finally found out a had suddnly run out of space in my drive. I had 465 DF_Optimizer#.bin files. I'm copying them to an external drive to delete them safely, and I'll never user defrag again!!