Downloading Slim free version

For many, many years I've been clicking on Check for Updates at the bottom of my Free Slim and have always been taken to a page where I can go down to the bottom  where it says "Builds" and I click on Slim.

Today when I do that I keep getting returned to the following page. I can't seem to download the FREE Slim version that I have been using, as I said, for many, many years.

2qnw0h5.jpg

When I click on that link, I am taken to the Builds page, but when I click on the Slim, I am taken, once again, to the page I mention (and show) in my original message above.

How can I get the Slim version, or is that no longer available?

• Moderators

I have just clicked on the link member Winapp2.ini posted

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

and yes it does go to another page which you click to download slim but I have no problem with the download appearing and no problem downloading it.

Have you tried another browser ?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

They must be having issues on the build page because this is all I get (text size reduced for forum etiquette):

We're having a few issues at the moment.

Our team will have everything back to normal as soon as possible, please check back later!

hello alicez

try this please

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

no, not just USA, happens here too.

go to the Builds page, click download, it briefly shows the Download link (for maybe 3 seconds) then goes back to the page as shown in post #1.

hitting the Back button in the browser shows you the download page again, but hitting the Download button again takes you to the page in post #1.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

hello alicez

try this please

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim

Yes this worked on my Win7. I will try it on my other computers (Vista, WinXP).

I wonder why there was a problem when I tried to download the Slim as I have always been doring, for years and years. (Seems others have had the same problem also when trying to download the Slim version.)

I think it might have something to do with the browser. It appears the browser that was used with this CC on my Win7 opens in Chrome when I click on "Check for Update."

But on my Vista, when I open  CC and click on "Checkfor Update." it opens in FF and the Slim downloads as it has always done.

How can I get the CC on all computers to open in FF?

• Moderators

make FF the default browser should do it.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

I don't really think it's going to matter much because one you click past the big advert to upgrade or click no thanks which is a special page, and then finally click the Builds link it takes you to the same location.

as mta says

in ff 38.0.5 --> extra/tools (how is it in english version of ff...) --> settings

55a98e-1433752813.jpg

or in windows (in my case w8.1 with "classic shell" for startmenu as xp/vista or 7)

--> start --> system control/control panel --> standard programs --> set your default programs (as screenshot)

--> select firefox in the left column --> set the program as the default --> ok

b7f900-1433753452.jpg

1e1c6e-1433753477.jpg

8c80b4-1433753498.jpg

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

for windows xp and in my case with ff 34 or 35...:

--> open firefox --> extras/tools (i dont know how is it in english...) --> settings --> tab "extended" --> subtab "general/common" --> the 3rd point "system settings" --> tick "at the start check if Firefox is the default browser." and click on the button directly below one time --> ok

57b9df-1433754699.jpg

or in windows settings:

--> start --> program access and defaults --> user defined --> click the double arrow on the right side of the window --> "choose a standard browser" --> Mozilla Firefox --> ok

2146fa-1433803932.jpg

f50fc9-1433754973.jpg

16c373-1433754989.jpg

ps: I've read that you like to use the Google Chrome browser. of course you can always set this browser as your default browser. :)but that means that CC will look for an update on Google Chrome again ...

as an alternative you can simply open FF and googling piriform, then can you download the slim version also with ff. this would have the advantage that you have your default browser Google Chrome do not have to change.