Windows 10 available on July 29th

hazelnut

Pretty sure I will upgrade the win 8 laptop to win 10. 

Nothing to lose except my privacy, self respect, and any semblance of control.  :lol:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I like windows 10 when it works. I originally couldn't get it working on my desktop and now it works great. I'm excited to see how Direct X 12 impacts gaming in the future. I also love the ability to play xbox one games on my pc with the xbox app. It allows me to bring my xbox and play without a tv. So far its been rock solid on my desktop after amd updated its drivers. 

I just got an email a few days ago saying dell updated the drivers for my laptop to windows 10. I'm going to try the update again on here soon. I just haven't had time yet. I think overall the OS is a major upgrade. I do dislike the bland/flat look of the interface but thats pretty minor with all the new features. 

First cumulative update released.. it's quite big

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-has-released-the-first-cumulative-update-for-windows-10

I had a little issue rebooting after it (black screen for a while) but all seems okay now.

These kinds of updates are what I've been waiting for.

That is to say, I'm just waiting for all the major breakage to be fixed up before I hop on board. Looking forward to it (it runs well in my VM but native is just so much nicer!)

• Moderators

Just to follow-up on Hazelnut's post quoted by Winapp above I had the exact experience, so those yet to install the update may want to expect this to happen.

So far I like it. Sometimes edge says it's loaded a page but never gets rendered. And I'm a little unclear on if the internet options control panel (which is also internet explorer preferences) applies only to IE, to Edge and IE or to anything trident based. my major wonder about this are the zone and advanced tabs.

Boot up still seems speedier (however I did implement fast boot which I had turned off in windows 8 so that could be why)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

i wait with w10...

is there no service in w10 for updates?

start--> Systemsteuerung--> Verwaltung--> Dienste--> "Windows Update (automatisch)"

start --> control panel --> Managment--> services--> "similar as above but in english"

set to deactivate or so... B)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

I like the ability in Edge to delete all history,  and choose which history and sites.

Very configurable.

(Its the right hand side top of page , three lines (hamburger) near star, then click on the clock like symbol)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

is it just me or in Win10 when you right click your USB 'safe to remove' icon in the system tray, if it can't be removed it'll tell you, but if it can it just does, without any 'you can now remove your device' prompt?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Ok so I just got done attempting to set up my dell laptop for windows 10. I decided I was going to download all the windows 10 drivers from dells website and do a clean install. During the install I didn't allow windows 10 to connect to the internet until I manually installed all the drivers for my laptop. Then I connected to the internet and ran windows update. Everything worked great and my laptop is finally working on windows 10. 

I have one huge benefit for 10 over 8. I upgraded this laptop which has a 1080p screen and is only 13 inches and now everything scales much nicer. I feel like I doubled my work space and everything is still legible. This is also true for my wifes surface pro 3. The scaling on that is MUCH nicer than it was before. My wife was constantly complaining that spotify was unusable before because of the scaling and now it looks perfect. Shes a photoshop user and she says that looks much nicer as well. Interesting enough she upgraded the surface pro 3 herself(and her gaming desktop pc as well) and both of those worked great. She just did the keep everything installs and everything seems to be working fine. 

I'm sure the process will only get better, but as of right now all of our computers are on windows 10. 

For those of us who don't like the new start menu it seems Classic Shell 4.2.3RC supports Windows 10.

nice :)

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

@Mta

Like  eL_PuSHeR I got the safely remove prompt.

I get the Eject prompt and when selected, if safe to do so, it just does it behind the scenes, doesn't give the previous Win8/7/Vista/XP prompt "You can now remove your device"

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

download.gifDownload the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now.

Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.

When you click on the download link, you will be prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab.

mh? this important update is not installed automatically? puh :DB)

• Moderators

it's not an update but a special package done by MS to help resolve any issues users may have with a problematic updates.

shame on ms... :wacko:such a system would be does not come out with bill gates

• Moderators

I get the Eject prompt and when selected, if safe to do so, it just does it behind the scenes, doesn't give the previous Win8/7/Vista/XP prompt "You can now remove your device"

OK, sorted it out, I was curious and dug deeper (had a girl look :) ) and found in System, Notifications & Actions, I had Show app notifications OFF, turned it ON and now get "you can safely remove that device" messages.

so it appears to be treated as an app, and he's me thinking MS refereed to apps as those damn Metro things. :D

(thanks @hazelnut and @eL_PuSHeR at least you gave me thought that is was just me and my setup)

• Moderators

So what's the consensus of all you early adopters, would any of you consider W10 still more of a beta than a final release?

On all the PC's I've put it on, no hassles, everything still worked (couple of graphics card issues which the auto Win Updates fixed).

Everything I've thrown at Win10 works.

I would have to agree with an earlier comment that the speed is better than Win7/8.

And the overall system font is very nice; crisp and clear, I'm really liking that aspect of Win10.

It wasn't until the last couple of months with Win10 TP that MS really got serious with closing the holes found in the beta version.

And, yes, in my opinion, they probably rushed it by 6 months, but like all MS OS's, let's be honest, their description of beta testing is 'real users in the real world' so some are always going to class Win10 as in beta still.

All I can add is I've found it very solid and worth the migration.

On all the PC's I've put it on, no hassles, everything still worked (couple of graphics card issues which the auto Win Updates fixed).

Everything I've thrown at Win10 works.

I would have to agree with an earlier comment that the speed is better than Win7/8.

And the overall system font is very nice; crisp and clear, I'm really liking that aspect of Win10.

All I can add is I've found it very solid and worth the migration.

I agree with mta as I've even install some very old 32 bit SW that did not work with Win 8.1 appears to work exceptionally well with Win 10. I also had a Graphics issue, now fixed, and even though my test PC only has 4gb of RAM as previously noted the "dam" runs like a well oiled clock. I have not come across one SW package yet that does not work. Even my video editing SW TMPGenc Video Mastering works 5.0 works. I'll most likely upgrade my Win 8.1 in a couple of months time. As mta states "worth migration"

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• Moderators

Good to hear that W10 is alright and better than Win8/8.1. I'll have to play with it on a suitable system within the coming weeks or months to see if I like it since my old Dell would likely cough up a part trying to run it.

Edited by Andavari
typo