ZHPCleaner - Adware/pups/malware removal tool

eL_PuSHeR

Several of the tools used by malware removers get flagged or deleted by normal antivirus programs, and rightly so. 

I once used one on my own, without expert guidance, 'cause it seemed cool, and it gummed up my computer terribly. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I appreciate your concerns because we should tread lightly when using such software. But I haven't got your point yet. I have been using the software, along with a similar one AdwCleaner for a long time and didn't find anything malicious nor dangerous. That is not to say this software isn't without flaws though.

I am not a programmer and I don't have anything to do with it at all.

And yes, this software is french made. That could be a reason isn't so well-known worldwide. You cannot compare it to any other product from some big worldwide AV corporation.

As always, your mileage may vary.

I am a student at geekstogo Malware school and none of my teachers have heard of this program. The exe is flaged as Malware when uploaded to virus total.  A flag does not always indicate a posative infection how ever if it's not disgust at geekstogo/bleepingcomputer then i think you would be silly to run the program.

These "malware removal schools" are hardly an authority on information security. An amatuer is not going to become a security expert because a bunch of unqualified technicians have walked them through a few online tutorials.

Unless you've completed a (real) degree in information security, a degree in computer forensics, and can analyze a binary with a hex editor in your sleep; your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's on this forum.

(Worth noting that ZHPCleaner broke Google Chrome on my test machine)

I'm Shane.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from using ZHPcleaner today.

Had a PC with crap on it, one thing was web pages being redirected.

Ran ZHP, it said something along the lines "did you install this IP address 81.nn.nn.nn?", answered No, and it nicely got rid of it from a Registry IP stack section.

Problem sorted.

So "thank you" ZHPcleaner.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.