Formula 1 returns!

Andavari

Formula 1 fans rejoice, F1 returns to televised coverage later this week! I'll be watching.

I'll be sleeping. lol

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

I'll be wide awake Friday morning at 5AM CST watching Speed Channel to enjoy a live practice session for the 2006 GP of Bahrain. I just love F1 to the point I think I'm obsessed with anything Formula 1!

I'll be wide awake Friday morning at 5AM CST watching Speed Channel to enjoy a live practice session for the 2006 GP of Bahrain. I just love F1 to the point I think I'm obsessed with anything Formula 1!

the only time i ever catch it here in Canada is by mistake on Sunday mornings, always fun to take in, the best part about it is how much the tv screen looks like all those video games, much more accurate than any other type of racing games.

Formula 1 fans rejoice, F1 returns to televised coverage later this week! I'll be watching.

Superb !! Long overdue.

What about the new teams, and the new rules (qualifying / tyres) ? Should be more fun ! :)

And for the rest of u who aren't interested - :wacko:

• Moderators

Superb !! Long overdue.

What about the new teams, and the new rules (qualifying / tyres) ?

We'll have to wait and see, this last week of waiting is really driving me more crazy than anything - it's the anticipation that's getting me.

I'm really interested in the new 8 cylinder engines since they were reporting last season that some were in the 20,000 RPM range.

Who is everyone cheering on when f1 returns? I would say ill be cheering on the English team but all but 4 teams are based in the England to who ever wins i should be smiling. I however will be hoping Jensen button can finally stand up and be counted.

• Moderators

Who is everyone cheering on when f1 returns? I would say ill be cheering on the English team but all but 4 teams are based in the England to who ever wins i should be smiling. I however will be hoping Jensen button can finally stand up and be counted.

F1 is a British sport!

I'd like to see some other teams start winning. I'd also like to see a very tight season that has allot of winners to make the championship and season that much more enjoyable, and dramatic. I'd like to see David Coulthard as a contender for the championship, it's long over due!

And yeah it's about time Jensen was at the top of the podium, he's been so close to that first F1 victory.

• Moderators

Sorry guys but neither Button nor Coulthard will ever be world champions.

You never know for sure. In 2005 nobody expected Ferrari to be so disappointing yet it happened and they were dethroned.

Isn't every sport :D .

The good ones are including WRC which I probably won't get to see this year since Speed Channel (uh huh I mean Nascar s**t channel) doesn't show it as a scheduled program.

I've like European racing mostly the British series so much for so long that it actually makes me want to move to Europe, but mostly so that I can escape Nascar hell.

Arr Nascar what a "sport" LMAO. Crap cars going round a oval circuit again and again and again and again now that **** is exciting :lol: .

I used to be addicted to WRC i had the game and all but i didn't really catch it last year, i have to admit tho for excitement its definitely the best motorsport.

Richard Burns was my fav driver and could have gone onto win multiple championships had he not been diagnosed with a brain tumour and consequently dies this year.

• Moderators

Oval racing in general bores me - even in video games I find myself going to sleep and eventually nod off after a few laps. The only oval racing I'd admit to liking is the Indy Racing League but only when they do a night race around a tight track that bunches the cars close together because it really conveys a sense of speed on the T.V. screen.

Nothing can touch the WRC, let alone other FIA series. The rally cars may only have 300 bhp but there's nothing that compares to them and their skillful drivers. I caught some British Rally Cross (I think that's the name of it) on T.V. a couple of years ago and that was more than very exciting to watch. The British Touring Car Championship is also a joy to watch.

I only found about about what happened to Richard Burns a few days ago, and his passing was a shock.