CCleaner Community Forums
f23948

ccleaner update

do i need to uninstall before install a new version ccleaner? or just do i don't need to uninstall before install a new version?

You can install over the top of your existing version :)

so, i don't need to uninstall first, right?

you can always uninstall, reboot and install new version if the over-the-top install doesn't work for some reason (it has been known).

To eliminate exceedingly long cleaning cycles, I was advised to  install the 'Slim' version and that was successful. When it comes to the next update, is that likely to re-introduce the problem?

I'm not aware of any difference in the cleaning cycles between the slim and fat version. (And your post is not really relevant to this thread.)

@TopGeek I'm not quite sure why you felt this other person's thread was the proper place to ask, but I'll quote you exactly what I previously said about the slim build and it's (non) effect on the cleaning process itself.

Note: there is 100% zero difference between the regular and slim versions. The only difference is within the installation process. The former includes a revenue generating google bundle and the latter doesn't. Any perceived differences beyond that are placebo.

@TopGeek I'm not quite sure why you felt this other person's thread was the proper place to ask, but I'll quote you exactly what I previously said about the slim build and it's (non) effect on the cleaning process itself.

I'm a newcomer to this forum and to the intricacies of CCleaner. This thread is entitled 'ccleaner update' so it seemed to me perfectly reasonable to ask a supplementary question regarding updating. If that was inappropriate, I humbly apologise to the OP for highjacking his thread.

. I'm a newcomer to this forum and to the intricacies of CCleaner. This thread is entitled 'ccleaner update' so it seemed to me perfectly reasonable to ask a supplementary question regarding updating. If that was inappropriate, I humbly apologise to the OP for highjacking his thread.
Cool no problem, we all take a little bit to figure out each individual website, and you're correct that the thread titleis a little general