~*~ Does CCleaner.exe /AUTO Clean While Web Browser is Open? ~*~

Appletax

yo, i mean too...

... only when the browser is closed, the system is cleaned according to your settings. a moderator can probably better answer, i dont use google chrome.

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

yo, i mean too...

... only when the browser is closed, the system is cleaned according to your settings. a moderator can probably better answer, i dont use google chrome.

yo, i mean too... ??????

This also applies to having Firefox or IE open as well or any other web browser

i know. but why not chrome i dont know

i dont use google chrome.

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

https://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/command-line-parameters

CCleaner.exe /AUTO --> CCleaner runs silently and automatically, using the current set of saved options to clean the PC. CCleaner then exits.

i have try it with ff and by me too as by you. no browser-closing and no message.

i think with this option runs ccleaner only silent and browser not closed. the active/used files from opened browser or maybe all files in connection with opened browser does not deleted/cleaned.

• Moderators

Firefox and Chrome each use a single file (database) for cookies, cache and history (as opposed to internet explorer which uses individual files for each cookie, cache-item, history-item) thus they must be closed (and not running in the background) as they lock the file while in use.

Running as a task or with /auto should still create (for a very short time if there isnt a lot to clean) a system tray icon

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com