CANNOT REMOVE MSI FILE IPOD DISASTER

I have lost the patience to try to install Itunes and my daughter's IPOD unto my PC. I have in XP SP2 PC which is clogged itunes and Ipods directories which cannot be removed by CCleaner or any other software for that matter. From the add and remove programs I get a "cannot delete MSI INstalller " messsage every timeI try to get CCleaner to remove IPOD UPDATER 2004-07-15

I know this is maybe not the right place to post this but the bug is still that CCleaner cannotremove MIS files...

I did try to get windows to remove the msi installer but that obviously also failed...

THnaks for anyone patient enough to give me a solution that works... pleasedont' refer me to apple I followed all their suggestions and they JUST don't work..!

DCW

frustratd dad

Installers can be terrible at times. You can do a manual uninstall-IF-you are willing to go thru ALL of the directories and find ALL of the program entries for the I-pod/I-Tunes. The get ready to look in the Registry for Every instance of I-Tunes ONLY and delete them. Doing ALL of this with great care (take your time) will generally remove the offending items.

If the player and program are within the last 2 weeks you can also try doing a Restore. This too can clear up any problems. Lastly, make sure that ALL Anti-virus programs are completely DISABLED when attempting to either install or uninstall any software. THis has been a major headache for many over the past few years.

I have lost the patience to try to install Itunes and my daughter's IPOD unto my PC. I have in XP SP2 PC which is clogged itunes and Ipods directories which cannot be removed by CCleaner or any other software for that matter. From the add and remove programs I get a "cannot delete MSI INstalller " messsage every timeI try to get CCleaner to remove IPOD UPDATER 2004-07-15

I know this is maybe not the right place to post this but the bug is still that CCleaner cannotremove MIS files...

I did try to get windows to remove the msi installer but that obviously also failed...

THnaks for anyone patient enough to give me a solution that works... pleasedont' refer me to apple I followed all their suggestions and they JUST don't work..!

DCW

frustratd dad

Hi Frustrated Dad, :(

Do this to ensure that you're system files are not corrupted. Have your installation disk handy, but don't insert it yet.

start > run > (type) sfc /scannow (there is a space after sfc)

when prompted insert your cd

when the process is finished reboot your computer

Now download DAF. Scroll down, and download the full version.

After installing open DAF > (click) Tools > (click) Repair Permissions > (click) Go > reboot

Let us know if you have fixed your problem, and what the solution is so that others can use this as a reference. :D

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)