CCleaner v5.03 won't start and won't uninstall

HP Laptop, Running Windows 8.1 and CCleaner v 5.03 and I am unable to start CCleaner and when I try to Uninstall it hangs up part way through the uninstall process ( I let it run for an hour or so).  The previous version of CCleaner v? was installed and would not open so I installed v5.03 over top with the same issues.  The only way I can make it run is to install it and it asks at the end of the install if you want to the program to open. I let the program open, used to get rid of my history, did a registry cleanup, shut down the computer, restarted and it still does not work. 

• Moderators

When you try to open CCleaner again, have you looked in the taskbar near the clock to see if there is a ccleaner icon there?

It may have minimise to taskbar option selected which may be why you cannot see it on the screen.

When you try to uninstall CCleaner look in your taskmanager first to make sure it is not already running, if it is click on it to highlight is and press the end process button.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thank you for the quick response,

I checked and there is no icon in the taskbar, it did appear in the Task Manager, so I ended the process (which I have done previously each time).  I then tried to uninstall again and the following was in the Uninstall window exactly as it appeared each time I have tried to uninstall and it remains stopped there as I type this.

Could not load:C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCSystem.dll

(Green Progress Bar here at about 75%)

When I expanded the details tab the following was listed:

Could not load:C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCSubtimer.dll

Could not load:C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCTreeView.ocx

Could not load:C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCListView.ocx

Could not load:C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCListBar.ocx

Could not load:C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCTab.ocx

Could not load:C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCHelper.ocx

Could not load:C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCsystem.dll

• Moderators

None of those files belong to ccleaner, where do you download it from

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Original was from Cnet, but just reinstalled from piriform, reboot and the same thing.  It won't open by double clicking on the icon, but when I check in Task Manager there are three of them listed.  I ended process for all three, then right clicked on the desktop icon and selected Open as Admin and it opened?  Just tried to uninstall by clicking directly on uninst.exe and the uninstall froze as described in my comments above?

• Moderators

The version you had previously, was it a very old version from years ago? Only ask because that PortableApps.com topic from 2005 shows them registering those .DLL files for some reason.

Those .dll and .ocx files as long as I remember going back to 2004 when I first started using CCleaner have never been installed by it.