Fix for Issues not clearing (Finally)

Masterblaster

I have long fought the issue of CCleaner listing the same long list of issues over and over and not resolving them.

It goes through the Fixing process but doesn't fix them. They are listed over and over.

I have read that going into the registry and manually changing the permissions resolves the issues. I had over 100 of them and that would have taken for ever.

There is a program called "Dial-a-fix" that corrects all permission issues with a single click!

This completely fixed the items not being fixed. Now every time I run CCleaner, it fixes everything.

You can download the program here http://djlizard.net/software/dial-a-fix

Just run it, go to "Tools" and select "Repair Permissions" and Go.

What a find!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I have long fought the issue of CCleaner listing the same long list of issues over and over and not resolving them.

It goes through the Fixing process but doesn't fix them. They are listed over and over.

I have read that going into the registry and manually changing the permissions resolves the issues. I had over 100 of them and that would have taken for ever.

There is a program called "Dial-a-fix" that corrects all permission issues with a single click!

This completely fixed the items not being fixed. Now every time I run CCleaner, it fixes everything.

You can download the program here http://djlizard.net/software/dial-a-fix

Just run it, go to "Tools" and select "Repair Permissions" and Go.

What a find!!

:lol: We use DAF all the time, and you're right...it's an awesome program! ;)

Thank you for posting your solution. I'm sure that it will help someone in the future.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• 4 weeks later...

This deserves a bump. Heck this deserved to be pinned.

I read post after post where CCleaner doesn't clean everything or doesn't fix all issues. Especially fixing issues. It lists issues. You fix them. Then you run the "Issues" again and the same issues show up over and over!!

THIS IS THE FIX.

:lol: Agreed.

I made a post a little while back which said should be apart of the posting rules:

If you're having problems with CCleaner. Run DAF, and try again. If you continue to have problems with CCleaner continue by posting your problem in the forum.

It was something like that. I don't remember exactly. That's why I finally put the links in my signature. I was suggesting DAF so often that I decided this way was easier.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Very new to ccleaner. Just got this new computer as I had it on the ole one. Ran as usual and then I went to issues? Their were tons of things to be fixed! :unsure: So it ask if I want back up. I have No idea at all what this means! Never had that problem with the old one. So if some of you Kind people could give me some info, I would really apprecaite it. Iam also very new to computers too. Did read something about DAF? Does one need that also? Thank you for the time. 60!

Very new to ccleaner. Just got this new computer as I had it on the ole one. Ran as usual and then I went to issues? Their were tons of things to be fixed! :unsure: So it ask if I want back up. I have No idea at all what this means! Never had that problem with the old one. So if some of you Kind people could give me some info, I would really apprecaite it. Iam also very new to computers too. Did read something about DAF? Does one need that also? Thank you for the time. 60!

Welcome!

You only need DAF if there is something wrong with your computer/ccleaner. Here are some easy tips.

* Click Yes to create a backup. Save the backup somewhere that you won't forget. I use my desktop. After a few days if your computer isn't acting funny, then you can delete the backup.

* Don't check any boxes under Advanced unless you are familiar with what they do.

* Issues: Yes there are many. One reason is because when you uninstall a program parts of the program are not removed from your registry. CCleaner finds those left over parts, and cleans them for you.

This is somewhat simplied. So feel free to ask questions! :)