The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection REGISTRY BUG

zelano

Ok,it's my first post,so be patient.I just want to help you guys to find and fix this issue . So after scanning registry files with ccleaner version 5.02.5101 i figured out that my Sims 2 don't work any more,it displays this error "The Sims 2 is not installed on this system, or some required files have been deleted. This expansion pack requires The Sims 2 in order to run. Please install The Sims 2 before attempting to run this application." I got the game from origin for free,and because it happened to me before,and i fixed tihis issue by opening origin client and in  "my games" tab right clicking the game and pressing "fix the game".And that did the job,but today it happened again and i figured this out so i came here to report it to you guys.Thank you all!

Files that ccleaner scanned and assumed that they need to be fixed on this screenshot
below.
AOTTf3o.png

• Moderators

Can't see the screenshot.

If it's files that are being deleted Exclude them:

Go into Options > Exclude > Add > Drive or Folder > Browse to the path of your game.

If it's registry settings that are being deleted Exclude them:

Go into Options > Exclude > Add > Registry Key > Then input the Registry settings path of your game.