Microsoft removes restrictions from OneNote free edition

hazelnut

• Moderators

http://betanews.com/2015/02/14/microsoft-removes-restrictions-from-onenote-free-edition/

Since its release as a free tool, OneNote has gained a massive following. The note-taking, clip-organizing, jack-of-all-trades tool fits neatly into Office, but can also be used as a standalone tool. Although it has been available free of charge for some time, there were a few features reserved for paying customers -- now this has changed.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

That's one of the Office suite of programs I have never found a need for.

Since it first come out in Office 2003 (I think), I had a play, couldn't think of why I'd use it and forget about it until each new version comes out.

I played with it again when I installed Office 2013 and still couldn't understand why anyone would have a need for it.

So, OK, hands up anyone who uses OneNote and for what reason?

I'd genuinely be interested to understand what niche this thing fills.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Since it first come out in Office 2003 (I think), I had a play, couldn't think of why I'd use it and forget about it until each new version comes out.

I played with it again when I installed Office 2013 and still couldn't understand why anyone would have a need for it.

i see it so too.

but its fine from ms to give this as a freetool. :)

http://www.onenote.com/download

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

I used it pretty extensively when I was in college to take notes. Its great because you can put in pictures, sound files, ect wherever you want. Its a lot easier to organize your documents than a traditional word processor because its not linear, you can litterally write anywhere on the page.  On top of that it organizes your notes like a traditional notebook with subjects, dates, ect rather than trying to keep it organized yourself with word documents. Now that I'm a teacher rather than a student I use it more like evernote. I use it on my phones, tablets, laptop, to keep up with reminders on things I need to do. I'm pretty entrenched into MS office/Outlook mail as well and one note does a great job integrating into everything I'm already using. 

Wow. That was a depressing comment. OneNote is like the most useful Office app ever. It totally replaces Word and Sound Recorder for me. I use it for almost everything. Its easy and doesn't need one to constant hit "Save..." button.

• Moderators

Righto, this is good, 2 "whats the point" and 2 "better than sliced bread"

Oh, believe you me, my nephew doesn't have any use for it either. If it is not a computer game, he won't touch it.

No offense is meant to the video gamers though; actually, one of my old pals used it extensively for writing walkthroughs, planning clan-related activities, creating blog posts and writing everything the needed to be written, which had always something to do with video games.

• Moderators

I take it she was referring to her 'clan', the relatives, friends, family, the gang, her mob - that sort of thing.

Why - what else does it mean?  Let me guess, it's something negative in America.

Maybe that is a reference to some sort of clan activity associated with some game??

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

OK, I've had my eyes opened on the clan front.

Clan with a C is very friendly however when spelt differently, it goes down an altogether different path.

Coming from Irish heritage, everyone is part of a clan.

Mind you, when the First Fleet landed at Botany Bay I have no doubt that my clan were below decks, chained, rather then above decks !

If @Codename Lisa is anything like me, the other association never would have entered her mind.  And that's all I'm going to say on that subject.

Now, back on topic......