Firefox removed, CCleaner still detect it.

Siegfried.M

Hello Siegfried - I had a similar situation when I had Avast antivirus installed on my machine. After I uninstalled Avast, the two entries for it still appeared under the Applications section of Ccleaner. My solution was to uninstall Ccleaner, reboot, then reinstall it. The entries for Avast were gone after doing so. If this doesn't work for you, there are probably registry entries or folders for Firefox that somehow remain on your system and need to be removed.

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. - W.C. Fields

• Moderators

It's definitely not a bug, as if CC evens sniffs at a hint of some leftover files, it'll show that software as installed.

For me, I've had to use Revo to track down reg keys and squirreled-away folder locations before CC would stop listing uninstalled software.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem after deleting Thunderbird. Thunderbird stayed on the CCleaner menu

no matter what I tried. Makes no sense to elaborate about what did not work.

The only thing that did finally work was to go into "safe mode with networking" and do a search on the local disk (C: in my case) for "thunderbird". Then I deleted the files listed (which had actually been "deleted" already before in normal operation mode. The files are very stubborn.