Hang on Restart

lutins

Hi,

I installed v.127.0.260 update and my computer stalls on restart just as the systray icons begin to load.

I uninstalled v.127 and reinstalled. Same problem.

The only way I can proceed is to shut down my computer, wait 30 seconds and reboot.

Any suggestions?

Thank You.

WINXP PRO SP2 - AMD ATHLON64 3500+ 2.20G S939 - ASUS A8N-SLI - 2 ASUS PCIE GF 6 EN6600GT 128M TVO SLIs - 2 SEAGATEs 7200 SATA - KINGSTON 400MHZ DDR 1024M KIT - ANTEC ATX 450W SONATA II

I would suggest opening CCleaner and unchecking the "Run CCleaner when the computer starts" box, which is located under Options > Settings. This may solve your problem.

Also, if you do have to reboot your computer, waiting 30 seconds before you restart wouldn't make any difference. In fact, you are actually better off rebooting it immediately after shutting it down. The reason being, waiting 30 seconds will cool your computer slightly, and restarting afterwards will heat it up again, which cause abrupt expansion/contraction of your components, which eventually wears your computer down faster. If you boot it immediately after shutting it down, your computer's temperature will not substantially drop, so it will last longer.

By the way, nice rig! :D

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!