Update version 5.02.5101

Aigle

I try to update the latest version 5.02.5101 and it does not work. I tried to do it from Piriform managed web site and this gives me an error. '

'' Error opening file for writing: C:\Programm Files\ CCleaner\ CCleaner64.exe''.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Presently install: version 5.01.5075 CCleaner Professional Plus edition

• Moderators

try bringing up Task Manager and making sure there are no other CCleaner programs running, like maybe you have monitoring turned on.

or uninstall the current version first, reboot, then install the new one.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Cannot install 5.02.510 on windows 8.1  64 bit.

Checked task manager and closed ccleaner.

Tried once to run from the site with IE and once downloaded and ran using Firefox.

In both cases I received the error message, " Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put you pc at risk." I chose "run anyway". Then received, "NSIS Error. Installer integrity has failed."

I am reluctant to uninstall the old version. I had the same problem when I initially installed the program, so I downloaded the program to a flash drive using a different PC than installed on this PC. Do not particularly want to do that every time I need to upgrade. 

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

make sure you download from here; http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

do the install from Safe Mode to not have your AV or SmartScreen get in the way.

(personally I would uninstall the old version first - but try it one way yourself and if no luck, try the other way)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Thank you for your assistance. First of all let me say that I have been using Ccleaner for many years and have been extremely satisfied - up til now.

I took you advise and uninstalled the old version. Having the same problems when trying to install. Now I have no Ccleaner. I have been using PCs since the 80s when they came with only 2  5" floppies. I have never had to install software in safe mode.  Frankly this is not worth the trouble. Send me an email when you correct your programming issues.

Thanks again...

" Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put you pc at risk." I chose "run anyway". Then received, "NSIS Error. Installer integrity has failed."

Sorry, BUT

I really think this is your error.

The ONLY TIME that I have suffered with NSIS was when using NON-PORTABLE applications that have been "Portablized" by PortabeApps which commonly used a NSIS launcher.

I suffer much less grief from complications by using non-bodged applications that are from the outset deigned to be Portable.

I notice that there are now individual users who are "rolling their own" versions of a semi-portable CCleaner :-

http://portableapps.com/node/1390

I really doubt that you have encountered a PIRIFORM programming issue.

There is no way they can fix software that they did not originate.

Thanks for the jargon filled response.

Here is what I did: Downloaded the software from the Piriform site (one time from Filehippo) and clicked install or run. So now, please,  explain, in plain English, how this is my fault.

Thanks.

Here is what I did: Downloaded the software from the Piriform site (one time from Filehippo) and clicked install or run. So now, please,  explain, in plain English, how this is my fault.

Thanks.

NSIS error indicates the installer has become corrupt during the download. Delete the one you have and re-download. Should then work.

Thanks.

What is the "jargon" that you fail to comprehend or understand ?

I  was responding to your post in which you FAILED to advise WHERE you obtained CCleaner.

You now admit to having downloaded from Filehippo which I trusted in the past,

but not now that it provides "extras" for the unwary and those that do not understand "jargon" :)

So far as I am aware the NSIS installer is NOT part of the CCleaner application as created by Piriform,

in which case it is YOUR fault to mistakenly demand :-

Send me an email when you correct your programming issues.

N.B.

If you have an NSIS installer on your computer,

it may STAY there even after you uninstall CCleaner and replace CCleaner with a CLEAN download from Piriform

so the problem may persist until you find and delete NSIS.

If you need further help overcoming the problem I suggest you start your own topic,

and not continue hijacking a topic that belongs to someone else with a different product "Professional Plus"and a different version of Windows.

• Moderators

Having the same problems when trying to install. Now I have no Ccleaner. 

What antivirus software do you have installed? I'm only asking because ESET will sometimes incorrectly flag the CCleaner installer. Temporarily disabling the installed antivirus real-time protection may (or may not) yield results.

You can always manually update CCleaner using the Portable build, and try some of the stuff I have detailed here.

Vitog,

I am sorry you did not like any attitude that you may have perceived in my replies;

but you commenced with an attitude of superiority over the CCleaner developers when you stated in post #8 that their "programming issues" were the cause of your problem,

and that they had a duty to email you once they had fixed them;

My first post #9 was a sincere effort to assist someone who claimed to have the skill to recognize a "programming issue",

and I thought you needed technical information to understand the situation.

I rather felt that you were acting superior to me by dismissing my response as "Jargon Filled".

I would prefer to let this matter rest,

and not continue to hijack this topic related to windows 7 and '' Error opening file for writing: C:\Programm Files\ CCleaner\ CCleaner64.exe''

Regards

Alan