speacial email

JohnDemolition

• Moderators

The reason it's like that is because of spammers! It's not your fault.

Solution:

Use the email address supplied to you by your ISP. Once you're a member I think you can change your email address in the My Controls to a free one.

but when i try to register, it says that it blocks all free providers...

Depending on how important this is to you try the following.

Buy a cheap email account. Hotmail offers a Free, and Paid ($10 I think) accounts. Then once you're registered change it the way Andavari suggested to a free account. Then cancel your paid account.

I'm not sure that it will work, but if you really want to register with that forum it may be worth it.

EDIT: I just thought of something that may work for you. Call your IP provider, and ask them about their email accounts. My provider didn't tell me that I had one. I had to call to find out. So it's possible that you are already paying for email service through your provider without knowing about it.

Good luck!

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Buy a cheap email account. Hotmail offers a Free, and Paid ($10 I think) accounts. Then once you're registered change it the way Andavari suggested to a free account. Then cancel your paid account.

i doubt that would work since the email would end with '@hotmail.com' which hydrogenaudio.com blocks.

I'm not sure that it will work, but if you really want to register with that forum it may be worth it.
i just want to report a bug on foobar2k. well accually more like 3. im using the RC and a lot of stuff is pissing me off. i think that there's a foobar2k IRC channel but i cant find it anywhere.

edit:@Eldmannen: that didn't work either -_-

Good find Andavari!

My IP gives me 10 email accounts to create so yesterday I created an account for him, and he said that it worked.

But your way is good if he doesn't want to keep using the account that I gave him. He doesn't have control over it, just access to it. Your way gives him more control. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

yeah i found that as well but i can't remember how. prolly a google search on "foobar2000 IRC" instead of "foobar IRC". i reported a bug where foobar2000 can't read the tags properly. DEATH said that the tags were at the beginning of the file which was messed up. well he said he'll add a hackfix so im good :)

I actually try to avoid signup on sites and things that require my email address, as often the reason they require it is just to spam. When asked, I often enter a random bogus email address unless I need to verify it by recieving a mail and follow a link.

I actually never found a site that didnt accept free email accounts, but if I did, then I would simply not bother with that site, if they want to be anal about people signing up with free email accounts, then screw them.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I actually never found a site that didnt accept free email accounts, but if I did, then I would simply not bother with that site, if they want to be anal about people signing up with free email accounts, then screw them.

I agree. I would say that almost everybody who uses online mail accounts uses free ones. In fact, I would be willing to bet that a lot of professional spammers use fairly powerful/feature-filled accounts due to the mass amount of letters that must be sent. So I would think that a paid account user is just as likely to spam as a non-paid account user. Seems like a stupid reason to deny someone access.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

• Moderators

yeah i found that as well but i can't remember how. prolly a google search on "foobar2000 IRC" instead of "foobar IRC". i reported a bug where foobar2000 can't read the tags properly. DEATH said that the tags were at the beginning of the file which was messed up. well he said he'll add a hackfix so im good :)

Where'd you post it?

If anyone uses Dodgeit they should be aware that everyone can read their emails unless they pay to make the account password protected, you also cannot delete your emails unless you pay but they will get deleted after 7 days .

I just checked the site and you can pretty much make up any name on the main page to read someones inbox :blink: The ones Ive just seen are all full of spam mails but it could cause problems if anyone signs up and gets personal account info or passwords sent to their dodgeit account. It would probably be fine if its password protected but there's no reason to pay for an email account.

Andy

That makes sense and explains why the inboxes I noticed were full of spam :) If it helps people get onto sites that don't accept free accounts then its worth it. The problem is when you signup for the dodgy websites they will probably send the username and password to the dodgeit account and then anyone who reads it can log into their account on that site. I noticed one last night when I tried the site with a random name that had the password and username for their ebay and myspaces accounts. Using it like that sounds crazy but I understand it could be useful for some sites.

yeah i told him on IRC because when i did, i couldn't register due to the problem. it was solved thanks to krit86lr for giving me an email with his ISP.

???his??? Who is "his"? :lol:

It's "her"... ;)