new installed Windows XP size?

trium

I have reinstalled xp at weekend and seen that after deactivation of the hyperfile.sys file and shift the pagefile and the installation of NETFramework 2, Windows XP is only about 1.9 GB in size ... was that really so "small"?

i have also installed ms office, but on other partition.

Also xp starts very quickly

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Hi, trium. 

win xp here is in a 45 gb partition. 

As you can see, the partition is only about 40 percent occupied.

Many references say you can get by with a much smaller partititon.

One advantage to a smaller partition is that you can do things to it quicker, like defragging, virus scanning, etc. 

The "My Documents" folder is about 5.46 gb.

Most files are stored on J_ntfs or on an external USB HDD.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Xp requires at least a 2gb (1.5 min plus for service packs) drive so your size makes sense.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314865

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

We should also remember that when XP was released 1GB was considered a large amount of data...now your watch may have multi-GB

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

i thank you very much for your answers :)I thought that something has been lost or "transferred" to other partitions or so...I've even had luck again :D

ps: A few years ago i once had xp installed on an old 2 gb hard drive and comical were it, only 1 gb occupied after installation and it run still "normal"

really bizzare B):wacko:

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know what the difference between xp pro or home and xp media center edition is?

some people think that the xp media center edition is a home version, others that it is a pro version with multimedia extension...

what kind of xp is it? does anyone know more information?

I consider to reinstall XP on one of my machines. May I ask is fresh XP install pulling updates from Windows Update or the Microsoft service has been already abandoned?

not complete, i have only "really" updates for xp installed and 2-3 security things...+ netframework2 sp2. (ff and office and other software are installed on other partition...

i will not often to go with this xp in the internet. therefore I do not need all security updates ;-)

• Moderators

XPMC was based on XP Pro.

for my needs, the only difference that affected my choice between XP Home and XP Pro was that Home could handle 5 shared network connections whereas XP Pro could handle 10.

also, there has been, I think, 3 major releases of XPMC.  The original in 2003, then a new version for the next 2 years, each one given some wanky name.

they finished it off with a major update (rollup) in 2005.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Windows XP Media Center Edition was initially designed for high-end home theater PCs with TV tuners (marketed under the term "Media Center PC"), offering expanded multimedia functionality, an electronic program guide, and digital video recorder (DVR) support through the Windows Media Center application

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP#Editions

thank you very much for your comments :-) I have get favorable a version and try this