MS AntiSpyware Scan

mpossoff

Hi folks I have MS AntiSW set to run at a certain time.

Don't know if this has to do with the MS AS scan...

When I get up and close the window it seems to close "slowly" almost and I say almost freezing. It closes very slow, the window.

Then my pc seems to run slow for a bit. Then after a while my pc seems to start running better as I use it.

Does this have to do with the MS AS scan?

Marc

Hi folks I have MS AntiSW set to run at a certain time.

Don't know if this has to do with the MS AS scan...

When I get up and close the window it seems to close "slowly" almost and I say almost freezing. It closes very slow, the window.

Then my pc seems to run slow for a bit. Then after a while my pc seems to start running better as I use it.

Does this have to do with the MS AS scan?

Marc

I'm not sure, but MS AS upgraded to Defender. You don't need to unistall MS AS because Defender will do it for you.

Microsoft

Have you deframented lately? How many running processes do you have? How much RAM do you have? What OS are you running?

:lol: Twenty questions, right?

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

MSAS was known for using a ton of CPU resources that I would personally watch peak to 50% usage, although it would only do this when adding a restricted site for instance into IE's restricted sites or into the HOSTS file. The only way to stop it from doing that is to either wait for it's long delay to tell you there's a change which you must give a response to or better and quicker just restart the computer.

This is of course old obsolete news since MSAS is no longer and has became WD.

MSAS was known for using a ton of CPU resources that I would personally watch peak to 50% usage, although it would only do this when adding a restricted site for instance into IE's restricted sites or into the HOSTS file. The only way to stop it from doing that is to either wait for it's long delay to tell you there's a change which you must give a response to or better and quicker just restart the computer.

This is of course old obsolete news since MSAS is no longer and has became WD.

Good day guys,

can anyone say if it's worth it to download WD to replace MAS at this stage?

Thank you.