Provide Pop-up Help for Every Cleaning Action

gr3gw

I'm a naturally cautious person. I hestitate to say 'Yes' when I don't understand the implications of saying Yes.

Could we have pop-up exclamations of what each cleaning option does, please. For example,

Windows Explorer

Recent documents...................... This clears ...

Run (in Start Menu).....................This clears ...

Other Explorer MRUs.................. This clears ...

Applications

Adobe Acrobat XI........................ This clears ...

Quite frankly one can only guess or assume what these options do. I've always kept my fingers crossed.

• Moderators

on each of those (or any) entries, you can right click and select Analyse and it will show you exactly what will be cleaned.

from the list of files given, you can then decide if it will adversely effect you.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

If in doubt about anything just post on the forums and ask to get an answer. A general rule of thumb is if you don't enable anything under the 'Cleaner -> Windows (tab) -> Advanced' area you'll be alright - the only two exceptions being 'Custom files and folders' and 'Wipe Free Space' should you have the need to use them.

on each of those (or any) entries, you can right click and select Analyse and it will show you exactly what will be cleaned.

from the list of files given, you can then decide if it will adversely effect you.

Unless it's something automatically cleaned from the registry such as MRU, then it won't reveal anything.