new CCleaner skin

f23948

Hello,
( I'm not english please don't blame me for my approximative english...)

This "modern" skin is today everywhere ...

For me there is a problem for close the app because the red cross is not at the corner of the screen , when I click there is a small blank area ... very disturbing.
The Windows top bar is too strong too...

@Piriform : Thanks for your great job.

I have to say that the new GUI is not very userfriendly. (It is fine to follow design trends as long as it doesn't spoil the user experience - in this case it disturbs the user experience).
The GUI now looks more like a early alpha build, than something you would expect from a really pro utility.

As a media professional I disagree with your design choice, it would be NICE if you at least implemented a function where users could choose to revert to the original GUI if they wish to.

Thanks,

The new version 5 gui is too mono tone.   There used to be a bit of definition in the GUI.    The checkboxes, other than the thin line, are lost with the white on white.

As others have said, it's not user friendly.   And the title bar is white, while my windows 8.1 colors are not.  I want the title bar to follow the window theme. Keep what you got if you must, but make it easier on the eyes.  

Oh, God no - in all honesty that new skin looks and feels utter rubbish. Piriform, please don't follow the herd mentality and actively promote the tasteless and useless stupidity that Microsoft has demonstrated with the Win 8 user interface.

CCleaner isn't an operating system, it's an extremely useful stand-alone application. Why on earth would you want to make it look like a user interface that has been bagged since Microsoft released that cosmetic disaster?

Agree metro /win 8 look is NOT a good look, the text on side panel is too pale

and not easy to read for older users. Agree check boxed too faint too.

It would be nice to have option of old/new look to cater for those using on Ipads etc

or those who find win8 look either annoying or too hard to see easily.

Other than this complaint its definitely faster and snappier.

I'm pleased to see there are a number of others who feel the recent format change contains a poor choice of letters on color, the final number of mb cleaned is difficult to see, and what was wrong with the standard I'm used to.

Go back, please!  Bill2

I also dislike this new appearance so much that I've gone back to v4.

"Flat" design is contrary to how human vision works. The reality is a tool is only useful if it can be used. The harder to use a tool, the less it will be used.

CrapCleaner has wonderful function. Yes, the graphic design was getting a little dated. Adopting flat (Windows Phone) design was a big mistake.

Human vision needs contrast, grouping and motion. "Flat" fails the first 2 criteria.

Refresh the old stndard design? Sure. You could go with a more monochrome palette.

Nearly-invisible bordering lines? Horrible. May as well do a pure ASCII interrface in that case.

"Flat" icons? Junk. Those were designed for low resolution Windows phones which has a market share of, what?, 3% or so of all handsets. Maybe not even that high.

Yuck.

• 3 weeks later...

The new version 5 gui is too mono tone.   There used to be a bit of definition in the GUI.    The checkboxes, other than the thin line, are lost with the white on white.

As others have said, it's not user friendly.   And the title bar is white, while my windows 8.1 colors are not.  I want the title bar to follow the window theme. Keep what you got if you must, but make it easier on the eyes.  

checkboxes are also by me to ... bright, also the dividing lines between the subcategories in "extras" and "options"

a little darker or black could create remedy B)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

one could make the white head bar in fullscreen mode...smaller

in general you could darken the gray lines ... small black lines would better-look "extras" - "autostart"

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"