Give an option for the old GUI (this is the sole topic for requesting the old GUI)

Special

• Moderators

it wasn't just the title @bobbobby but also the repetitive content in a new thread when other threads already existed.

plus, instead of dragging this thread down, use Personal Messenger to argue your point with the Moderators.

(I suspect it was the @GWT post of http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=42783&p=258432 that provided the tipping point however - swearing is certainly never tolerated, and I'm surprised the forum filters have not flagged it yet)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators
Since when is "sucks" a rude word?
I'm going to go with ALWAYS. What world do you live in where it is a kind word, or more so where the word isn't even offensive and (honestly) disgusting to use in civilized conversation.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

This is weird, rather corporatish and nerdish who ever is the owners of CCleaner.

This change in the GUI happened around the time most people around the world goes on vacation, so there won't be any reply from the real admin. They have not returned from their yaughts, or are lost at sea somewhere, or kidnapped by sea pirates.

Moderators are probably skeleton "staff" on a roster, so it's no use complaining.

I reckon it ain't going back to the way the old GUI was, Win 10 is just around the corner, so why should they care what we say ?

There will always be new users of CC and they would never have known the difference and complaints will eventually dwindle.

" ...this is your sole topic to do it in."

Good move.  Makes it easier for everybody to keep up with. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Moderators are probably skeleton "staff" on a roster, so it's no use complaining.

Moderators are all actually volunteers! :)

Ones that have never met neither each other nor actual representatives of piriform. Essentially we are you but can bop troublemarkers on the head.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Yeah apple would never go flat

Oh wait

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8629/looking-at-os-x-yosemite-and-ios-81/2...#sigh

Who said flat is the only problem though? The massive window, eye bleeding blue and white with that massive white titlebar which, if you are on win 7 like me, looks putrid are fair reasons no? I don't mind the flat at all

But I really can't understand why they just wouldn't make it's appearance native to your system's theme. This skin has a very unpolished look to it and is quite literally hard on the eyes

Oh well, it could be worse. It's not as bad as the new Opera, so for that I'm grateful

• Moderators
Who said flat is the only problem though? The massive window, eye bleeding blue and white with that massive white titlebar

/

All of which the new OSX also has, which is the point of the quoted and replied to post.

/

As seen in the article linked

Screen%20Shot%202014-10-20%20at%202.45.3

I like the flat, my only complaint is the Windows-8 styled title bar. I can't see any reason for it at all (it happens to match my theme which is white, but anything else and it would look out of place!)

Edit: It's also larger than default for no reason that I can see as well. Other than the title bar, I like the new GUI

• Moderators

Eeeeeeeekk I'm a skeleton! :lol:

Another new update and the same user interface people have been complaining about since it arrived. No choice of other designs (yet); and a strangely hostile attitude on the part of the moderators toward criticism. I suspect the folks at Piriform realize their mistake in offering only the new flat, ugly GUI with no alternatives but are too stubborn to admit it.

• Moderators

The "hostile" attitude is because the moderators are tired of hearing about it, and because of the rude, uncivil and trollish behavior of a number of the "first time posters" and single-issue members of the disliker-side who link on to actual bug reports and harp on this subject; those who start new topics on a subject even though they've found other topics and posted.

Again, moderation have no (zero, nil) sway on nor direction from the developers on this

Of us

At least one has publically, and repetitively claimed their agreement with you

I for one don't care a dog's tail what a program looks like so long as it functions.

And others have asked for guidance on this subject while (rightfully mind you) kept their opinions close to their chests.

It should again be stressed: this style of software interface is an industry-wide movement, like all such movements it will pass, but it isn't like piriform pulled the idea for it out of thin air.

• Moderators

I'll throw my hat in...

I actually like the flat design.  Yes the title bar and not following whatever your Windows colour scheme is seems a backwards concept but it certainly isn't a deal breaker.

After all, CC is one of the best out there at the job it does.  That's just a cold hard fact.

Another fact is, although I personally hope they fix the colour scheme, I reckon what the GUI is now is what it will be for a very long time.

But, what do I know...

Totally agree with most of the comments : flat design is nice BUT the title bar is awful. Sorry for the criticism but that's the way it is. Of course, we don't forget that CCleaner is one of the best cleaning programs, and we thank you a lot for that :) But please, please, listen to the users ! Criticisms are done to improve CCleaner more and more ! Long Live Piriform !

• Moderators

a strangely hostile attitude on the part of the moderators toward criticism.

If you're by chance referring to me you need to realize I personally hate the new GUI design but instead of constantly complaining about it I use an older version of CCleaner. Also I'm the moderator who pinned/made sticky this topic.

• Moderators

Yeah, ok.... You think I want to miss out on new features and improvements?

It's a trade off between one or the other at this point, so which matters more to you is what each person will have to decide

• Moderators

Has there been any new features or improvements that have made the purely cleaning side of CC any better than, say, the last 5 or 10 releases?

I'm not being sarcastic or funny or anything, it's a genuine question.

Leaving Monitoring, new GUI, Dup File Finder, Disk Analyzer and the like out of it, on a solely 'crap cleaner' side of it, keeping your PC running lean and clean, are you any worse off staying on version 4.17 or any other previous version for that matter?

• Moderators
Has there been any new features or improvements that have made the purely cleaning side of CC any better than, say, the last 5 or 10 releases?

I'm not being sarcastic or funny or anything, it's a genuine question.

Leaving Monitoring, new GUI, Dup File Finder, Disk Analyzer and the like out of it, on a solely 'crap cleaner' side of it, keeping your PC running lean and clean, are you any worse off staying on version 4.17 or any other previous version for that matter?

Stuck with whatever bugs may/may-not exist and having to maintain your own winapp1, winsys1 and winreg1 in order to get the newest rules (thus still necessitating the need to download each new version and run export cmd line)

I totally agree. I reverted to the last version within 20 minutes. Apple has flattened and oversimplified its latest OS X, but the herd does not need to follow a single cow. I know some Mac users who dislike the new flat look. I agree that there should be an option to revert to the old look.

• Moderators

Apple has flattened and oversimplified its latest OS X, but the herd does not need to follow a single cow. I know some Mac users who dislike the new flat look. I agree that there should be an option to revert to the old look.
Yes this was my point in my Mac comment as the previous poster had claimed they would leave for Mac over the UI change of ccleaner