Firefox drops Google for Yahoo

Hav0c

Yahoo Inc struck a deal with Firefox maker Mozilla Corp to replace Google Inc as the default search engine on the Firefox Web browser in the United States, a move that Yahoo Chief Executive Marissa Mayer said will help boost its flagging search market share.

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/software/114572-firefox-drops-google-for-yahoo.html

Your move Google.

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

i don't think Google need to move because the first thing people will search when they see Yahoo is "Google" :lol:

The Mozilla deal means that users of the Firefox browser in the U.S. will automatically be routed to search results on Yahoo’s website when they type a query into the small box that appears at the top of the browser.

No need as it only effects the small search box that appears at the top of the browser.

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

• 4 weeks later...

ok, once reformulated...

both have oo in his name ;-) these are abbreviations for "2 small nice guys" ;-))

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

of course the user can any time change the search engine, in germany was the new search engine "DuckDuckGo" :-)

I personally do not use this little quick search bar

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

I set it to ddg on my mobile and desktop Firefox. I never really got the big deal about what was default, but a large # of people just leave the default and wonder why googling something searches yahoo (or bing or or or) now

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com