Google Chrome Startup Programs not Showing

Kas

The startup programs are not showing for my Google Chrome, All the other startup details show, but not Chrome.

I have done a clean uninstall and re-install but it makes no difference.

Chrome works OK, I can see nothing affecting the browser. 

I cannot accept this loss of information since it is confusing and hope you can offer a solution. This has never happened before over many years.

Please tell me what is wrong.

Thank you.

My latest CC version just installed is V4.19.4867.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

Google!!! :P

already reported by other people and happen to me also

not a problem for me because i don't use ccleaner for managing my addon ff/chrome

Thanks ! It is so comforting to know that somebody else has this missing Chrome startup data problem with CC. At least It is not something I have done. Pleased to know it has already been reported and I hope somebody does something to cure it.

I can check my startup programs by other means, but the CC list gives more detailed data like extensions etc.whereas the other lists do not.

We can only wait and hope eh ?

Forum thread about it here Kas :)

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=41797

Thanks, have read the thread, it looks like Piriform has got to get their program sorted out, whether it is due to Google or not. Compatibility with Chrome is a vendors responsibility.

As Chrome is now the market leading browser, I think Piriform.should get moving on solving the problem mighty quick.

As somebody  asked what bit set the poster was using on the link thread given, mine is a 32 bit Windows XP Home, with SP3 and has been for as long as I can remember.

I  would point out that if CCleaner defaults on Chrome startup content, then the same fault could well result in all the other data CCleaner picks up  where such data excludes Chrome  files  etc.

If this problem persists more than one more week, I will delete CCleaner as useless and rely on Bleachbit until Piriform gets their house in order.

• Moderators

For those not seeing these items, please make sure chrome is closed with background services turned off. Also check task manager for any lingering chrome processes (killing all that you find). With that state, do you still experience the lack of startup items?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I don't use chrome, except the rare times of a portable build, I'm just running you through basic troubleshooting

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

With so many users not seeing the Chrome startup data, it has got to be a bug in CCleaner and Piriform should be investigating the matter. It cannot be a user problem when suddenly lots of users experience the same issue.

I suggest Piriform look carefully at their current programs for compatibility with the latest Chrome version. Dvdbane did everything possible to help and still no data. Who knows, if CCleaner defaults on the Chrome startup data, it may well  default on the other data, making CCleaner useless for Chrome users.

Troubleshooting is nothing to do with users, it is a Piriform  exercise.

It is the responsibility of all program vendors - in this case Piriform - to ensure their programs are compatible with the browser suppliers - in this case Google. It is nonsense to infer that Google are to blame. Program vendors like Piriform are followers and must keep up with browser developers. That is the name of the game.

Important

Google are due to release their Chrome version 40 presently tabbed as a development version on 7 November 2014. I believe the existing stable version is 38.  So when checking this problem, make sure which Chrome version you are using.

Until Piriform sort this out I have great faith in Bleachbit, which works a treat.

I can offer one clue as to why the Chrome startup data is not showing on CCleaner, but need expert comment to consolidate this.

My Chrome version was 38, but on update Chrome automatically replaced it by version 40.9.2202.3 dev-m, a version not yet officially released until 7 November 2014 I had nothing to do with this at all, it just happened on update.

Now, it seems fairly obvious  that CCleaner may not be compatible with a Chrome version which is not yet released, hence the startup data is blank. But logically all the other Chrome data must be missing. If CCleaner picks up any data for version 40, it must be old data. If there is n incompatibility with version 40, then it must be total. You cannot have some and some.

I will wait until 7 November 2014 and then see if CCleaner shows the startup data. If it does, then all is well, if it  does not, then Piriform have a problem.

If any user is getting a blank for Chrome startup data and has version 38, then my reasoning above is not valid. If all these users are using Chrome version 40 like me, then it could be problem solved.

This problem also came up in my CCleaner, about 1 or 2 months ago. I use SRWare Iron (Chromium based).

I posted it in the SRWare Forum but nobody reacted.

The last SRWare update was (of course) installed.

I noticed the same bug sometime around September, running the then latest version of CCleaner and the latest stable version of chrome, I was using 32bit at the time. I still experience the bug with CCleaner 4.19.4867 64bit and the latest stable version of Google Chrome (38.0.2125.111 m (64-bit)). I think the bug is due to something changing in Chrome around version 37 or 38. I am on Windows 8.1 Pro.

Hope this helps, and thank you!

I noticed the same bug sometime around September, running the then latest version of CCleaner and the latest stable version of chrome, I was using 32bit at the time. I still experience the bug with CCleaner 4.19.4867 64bit and the latest stable version of Google Chrome (38.0.2125.111 m (64-bit)). I think the bug is due to something changing in Chrome around version 37 or 38. I am on Windows 8.1 Pro.

Hope this helps, and thank you!

Thank you for  those comments.

Like I have said a few times, we cannot blame Google, they have a top market product to look after. It is up to all auxiliary programs like CCleaner to be quick off the mark and keep up with the browser changes. It seems as if Piriform have either lost their way or lost interest.

If Piriform are still fumbling around in the dark from version 37, then I have bad news for them - Google has now got to late variations of 38 stable, 39 has been released and 40 is being worked upon. If you do not get your finger out quickly, you will be forever running in Google`s wake and CC will slowly sink to the bottom like the Titanic..

• 1 month later...

BRAVO PIRIFORM ! Dated 19 December 2014.

After all that fuss, agitation, moaning and groaning,  the Google Chrome start-up data is finally listed.

I updated CC with version V5.01.5075 from Filehippo today and there it was, all my nice Chrome start-up data listed in all its glory. What is more, I find the new look of CC really superb, the development team have done a magnificent job for entry into 2015.

THANK YOU Piriform for finally solving this problem after so long. PSSST ! Keep your  eye on Google, they are far worse than any malware.

I sincerely wish the Pirform team a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, which also applies to all members of the Forum.

Kas