Very disappointed - uninstalled

ceaton88

Having complete faith in CCleaner I decided to give Defraggler a go.

Choosing the normal Defrag option on 640GB data drive using less than 100GB, the program has been running 5 hours & counting, & is only 50% of the way complete.

System specs are not the problem, as my comp is plenty fast to run a defragging program.

What disappoints me the most is that when running a search, old forum threads show this issue had been raised by multiple people back in 2009, we are now in 2014 & the problem has STILL not been rectified? Very poor.

There are also a few "regulars" or developers on here that refuse to recognise there is an actual problem.

Just a quick question
did you use your computer - open applications, run games and so on - while you did the defrag ?

I took in to consideration your own words

System specs are not the problem, as my comp is plenty fast to run a defragging program.

but mentioning your system specs would help.....
Defraggler version, OS, RAM and so on

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

Just a quick question

did you use your computer - open applications, run games and so on - while you did the defrag ?

I took in to consideration your own words

but mentioning your system specs would help.....

Defraggler version, OS, RAM and so on

No I rebooted after installing the program & started Defraggler with nothing else running whatsoever.

System spec i7 920 @ 4GHz, 6GB RAM, WD Caviar black on Windows 7 using the latest version as of yesterday.

Whilst I appreciate Defraggler has its own algorithm I would not expect to wait more than 2 hours max for a data drive using 100GB of 640GB!

I've since installed Auslogics Defrag tool & corrected Defragglers work (which actually fragmented my drive) + optimized the drive within 30 mins.

Please read this regarding slow defrag time.

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

Defragmenting a few-million files is not a good solution because the computer would have to be turned on for 7 days because of the REALLY slow PROGRESS.
Maybe add an option: Stop the progress and resume at a later time defragmentation

Level of fragmentation is 0% but the program probably "organizes" (optimized) blocks?

Optimized - superslow (requires a lot of time)

• Moderators

There is the ability to stop a defrag, however resuming wouldn't make sense, as you would have caused mire fragments just by turning off and then on again the machine.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com