Blank screen after Analize

jjw98

I have downloaded ccleaner to a Windows98 SE laptop and when running the Analize step it won't give me any results (ie a blank screen). I previously executed it in P4 WinXPsp2 and everything worked ok. Not really sure what is the reason for that. I tried reboot, uninstall and install again and keeps on working the same. Somebody can help?.

Ditto here with the slim version......using Opera browser though. Although after blank screen if I click "clean" it will show what requires cleaning. Works perfect in safe mode.

..........and Make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

Keep your software up to date

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?

........any help for this problem?

I ran the latest (1.27) on a Windows ME machine, got the same results (blank Progress area), although I believed when I ran RUN CLEANER, it did do some work. I then downloaded 1.26.x, ran ANALYZE, and this time it displayed information on the screen (in the Progress area). There just seems to be a bug in 1.27 (as of the date of this message) for older operating systems.

• Moderators

I ran the latest (1.27) on a Windows ME machine, got the same results (blank Progress area), although I believed when I ran RUN CLEANER, it did do some work. I then downloaded 1.26.x, ran ANALYZE, and this time it displayed information on the screen (in the Progress area). There just seems to be a bug in 1.27 (as of the date of this message) for older operating systems.

Mr G made this post today so perhaps this problem might get looked at

see post here

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

........is anyone else using Ccleaner with Opera? I had the same problem with 1.26.......OS WindowsME. Does function fine in safe mode!

.....well I've had to uninstall ccleaner from my system. It no longer operates in safe mode. Blank screen after analyze continues.............Gonna try another cleaner

.....well I've had to uninstall ccleaner from my system. It no longer operates in safe mode. Blank screen after analyze continues.............Gonna try another cleaner

Windows ME? That's your problem right there. ;)

When I had ME all of my programs crashed...all of the time. I hope that you find something that works for you. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

......didn't say it crashed my machine.......My machine doesn't crash (yet) I said ccleaner does not work since upgrading from last 2 versions...that's all.......the system requirements for ccleaner include windowsME.....When running analyze, it scans, progress bar stops/blank screen. If i click clean it will clean and tell me how much and what it cleaned.....Don't like to clean without knowing what's there. Issues scan works fine.......

......but thanx for your help!

......didn't say it crashed my machine.......My machine doesn't crash (yet) I said ccleaner does not work since upgrading from last 2 versions...that's all.......the system requirements for ccleaner include windowsME.....When running analyze, it scans, progress bar stops/blank screen. If i click clean it will clean and tell me how much and what it cleaned.....Don't like to clean without knowing what's there. Issues scan works fine.......

......but thanx for your help!

I was just giving you hard time. Didn't mean to be offensive. :(

But I didn't mean your machine crashing, I meant that when I had ME most of my programs crashed alot. That doesn't mean that ME really is your problem. I was joking about that part.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I was just giving you hard time. Didn't mean to be offensive. :(

But I didn't mean your machine crashing, I meant that when I had ME most of my programs crashed alot. That doesn't mean that ME really is your problem. I was joking about that part.

No offence taken. ;) I don't bleed easily! I know my OS is a little antiquated but has served me well. Will be getting a new machine late summer or early fall......kinda waiting for Vista. My main point is there has been no solution or response to this bug, and it seems it doesn't play nice with windows ME.........trying to find a previous version to download......however perhaps it is just because I have and am using OPERA as my default browser. Would like to hear or get a response from the knowlegable folk though......thot thats wot forums were about!?

No offence taken. ;) I don't bleed easily! I know my OS is a little antiquated but has served me well. Will be getting a new machine late summer or early fall......kinda waiting for Vista. My main point is there has been no solution or response to this bug, and it seems it doesn't play nice with windows ME.........trying to find a previous version to download......however perhaps it is just because I have and am using OPERA as my default browser. Would like to hear or get a response from the knowlegable folk though......thot thats wot forums were about!?

Well, I didn't intend to include the quote, but somehow there seems to be no alternative.

Anyway, I have the same problem: a blank screen with both analysis and cleanup. I read through the forum and decided to uninstall the latest version and try with the 126 version, but the same thing happens. It does do the cleaning, but it would be nice to know exactly what is being cleaned...

Almost needless to say I have a W98, so the question is: is there an older version that's guaranteed to show the analysis with my pre-historic system?

Well, I didn't intend to include the quote, but somehow there seems to be no alternative.

Anyway, I have the same problem: a blank screen with both analysis and cleanup. I read through the forum and decided to uninstall the latest version and try with the 126 version, but the same thing happens. It does do the cleaning, but it would be nice to know exactly what is being cleaned...

Almost needless to say I have a W98, so the question is: is there an older version that's guaranteed to show the analysis with my pre-historic system?

I tried version 1.25.201 and same thing...........what browser are you using?

I tried version 1.25.201 and same thing...........what browser are you using?

I am using Netscape 7, if that's what you are referring to. BTw, since you are an advanced user, I have just noticed that all my RAR icons have changed in appearance.. they now display a tiny ZIP icon instead; is this important? cheers!