Opion on Ccleaner toolbar poll.

englishmen

You have to be joking(im not sure with you sometimes B) ) have you not read the first post in this thread?

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=4211&st=0

Actually, for once I was being serious! :P

I was confused because of this post by rridgely:

Englishmen next time just tell me and I'll make you a poll on the forum.

I was wondering if he had actually made an honest-to-goodness poll. But he didn't, right? I mean, by vote, you mean a post saying yes or no, right?

Sorry if I'm still missing something (which I most likely am). Too many graham crackers...

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

If you are 100% serious then :blink: . Read my first post in this thread very carefully I stated i have mad some polls and please vote

Which versions of Ccleaner do you use?

What is your opinion on the addition of a toolbar in Ccleaner?

Or just check out my Sig.

Ah. Stupid lokoike. I shall never speak again. Thank you for the link.

brickwall.gif <= some fool named lokoike, banging his head in shame; please ignore him

ding, ding!

I do wonder about you some times lokoike.

You and me both, englishmen. You and me both...

Perhaps Rochip isn't the only one who could use a little electroshock therapy...

EDIT: By the by, I voted "Get rid of the damn thing" and "Slim version", in case you weren't curious.

ding, ding!

It is very few in terms of the complete CCleaner user base but i doubt very much that several million people know the poll exist.

OK, that's a good assumption. So let's just look at this forum's users. There are 3,649 registered users; 70 of these have bothered to vote in this important poll, and 40 have voted against the toolbar. That is 1.09%.

Now this shows how angry the world is about the new toolbar B)

OK, that's a good assumption. So let's just look at this forum's users. There are 3,649 registered users; 70 of these have bothered to vote in this important poll, and 40 have voted against the toolbar. That is 1.09%.

Now this shows how angry the world is about the new toolbar B)

40 out of 70 voters did not want the toolbar. So of the voters, 57.142857142857142857142857142857% of people don't want it. You wrote that there are "3,649 registered users". I would confidently say that at least 75% of those users have made only 1 post or less, so it seems silly to me to include people who haven't been a part of the CCleaner forum for months, or even years.

To say that only 1.09% of people don't want the toolbar is foolish. 57% don't want it. That is over one-half of the voting users. Your math lacks.

ding, ding!

• Moderators

The poll will probably and unfornutately only get votes from people who know about this thread and actually pay attention to the links provided by englishmen, or that notice the links in his signature.

I doubt very much that it will generate allot of traffic hence I suspect many people who are CCleaner users have been getting it from their favourite download site and haven't even been to the forum once since it isn't after all highlighted and linked to from within the program in the About section. It isn't even linked to within the start menu program group. Most apps I've used that have a forum gladly and proudly link to their forum within the program and in plain site.

Softpedia have give Ccleaner the clean bill of health again after switching from the version with the toolbar to the version without the toolbar and no extra languages.

Ccleaner on Softpedia

24 February 2006: CCleaner is now available without the Yahoo! Toolbar, so we have restored the award and uploaded on our servers the version without extra languages.

Softpedia have give Ccleaner the clean bill of health again after switching from the version with the toolbar to the version without the toolbar and no extra languages.

Ccleaner on Softpedia

How can people still argue about the issue when Softpedia doesn't even want the toolbar. It just shows ignorance that people have sometimes.

Look at the download page for alternative builds.

"The following builds are for system admins and advanced users. They are not for distribution or mirroring."

There isnt any difference except that they come without the adware/spyware, and that the slim comes without any languages.

But he make it sound like they only for system admins and advanced users like if they were radically different.

Maybe he will go bananas on Softpeda for linking to the alternative builds?

"If you're gonna link to my software, you have to link to the spyware/adware infested version, damnit!"

Now why dont you want this software that comes with spyware?

Take it, cmon its freeware!!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Look at the download page for alternative builds.

"The following builds are for system admins and advanced users. They are not for distribution or mirroring."

There isnt any difference except that they come without the adware/spyware, and that the slim comes without any languages.

But he make it sound like they only for system admins and advanced users like if they were radically different.

I agree; not only were the alternate versions hidden, but they were also improperly labeled. The Basic version of CC 1.27 is just like every version of CCleaner that precedes it: all languages and no toolbar.

So basically, MrG is saying that every previous version of CCleaner released was intended for "system admins and advanced users". What a joke. Does that mean all of the beginner and intermediate computer users who have been using CCleaner for 2 years shouldn't have been doing so, because it wasn't intended for them?! I think not!

Why intentionally deceive the users? Where would he be without them?

By the way, this isn't meant to flame; I am simply making a point.

ding, ding!

Why intentionally deceive the users?

This bothers me too. The fact that the yahoo toolbar isn't mentioned as part of the standard build really bothers me. It makes MrG look shady, and it's a shame that he is creating this image for himself. :( It's false advertisement, and I think that it's illegal. Actually, I know that it's illegal.

By the way, this isn't meant to flame; I am simply making a point.

Point taken. And many probably agree. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

I'm advising all my customers to uninstall Ccleaner until the tool bar is removed. I don't want them installing yahoo toolbar accidentally through following my advise.

Well there are two clean builds. Just send them to www.softpedia.com to download CCleaner, and tell them to pay attention to see that it doesn't have a disclaimer on the page such as includes adware/spyware/Yahoo toolbar.

Having used the program for about a year I had a certain amount of respect and trust for ccleaner. Now that I know that ccleaners management are quite happy abuse that respect and trust I will not be using their product or advising people to use their product.

Formost in my thoughts now is the fact they use deceptive means regardless what options they provide.

I no longer recommend it anymore. I still personally use the software though, perhaps because I am not aware of any good alternatives.

I hope I will find a free, open source alternative soon.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png