iss log files and hotfix uninstallers

daydotz

whats are they an are they safe to clean as it gave me 40 add remove programs registry problems after i did it when i did a scan with registry mechanic :blink: thanks for your help

Are you saying that after CCleaner cleaned the hotfix uninstallers that they showed up in Issues? If so that is correct, and as it should be.

If you don't want to uninstall your hotfixes then you don't need to keep the uninstallers. If you 'Run' CCleaner to clean up the uninstallers the uninstaller registry keys are still left behind. When you 'Scan for Issues' CCleaner will detect the leftover registry keys. When you select 'Fix Issues' it will remove the left over keys.

I'm not sure that I answered your question because I'm not clear what you mean by "add remove programs registry problems".

Post Back!

:)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Are you saying that after CCleaner cleaned the hotfix uninstallers that they showed up in Issues? If so that is correct, and as it should be.

If you don't want to uninstall your hotfixes then you don't need to keep the uninstallers. If you 'Run' CCleaner to clean up the uninstallers the uninstaller registry keys are still left behind. When you 'Scan for Issues' CCleaner will detect the leftover registry keys. When you select 'Fix Issues' it will remove the left over keys.

I'm not sure that I answered your question because I'm not clear what you mean by "add remove programs registry problems".

Post Back!

:)

i cleaned thr hotfix uninstallers i then did a registry scan using reg mechanic it found 40 problems with my add remove programs this concerned me as i had to reinstall registry mechanic

• Moderators

i cleaned thr hotfix uninstallers i then did a registry scan using reg mechanic it found 40 problems with my add remove programs this concerned me as i had to reinstall registry mechanic

Your registry cleaner was correct. Removing the hotfix uninstallers will leave behind invalid uninstall info in the registry. In actuality CCleaner should have had that coded into it before including the hotfix uninstaller option - it's plain sloppy.

Yes, you can remove them.

IIS log files are a log files for the IIS webserver which you most likely do not have installed.

Hotfix uninstallers are so you can uninstall patches from Windows Update, which you probably do not want to uninstall.

You should remove both IIS log files and Hotfix uninstallers.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png